Agnostic.com

11 10

For a group of people that insist they aren't willing to take the chance that God may not be real, they sure were willing to chance that Roy Moore might be a pedophile rather than vote for a Democrat. Hypocrisy much?

Andrewp93 4 Dec 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sick in the head, ignorant thinking.

I heard this morning, with regard to his victims, “He was falsely accused to keep his christian social values out of washington.” ...hard to wrap my head around that one..

Varn Level 8 Dec 13, 2017

It makes me sad and angry at the same time.

Humans are tribe animals trying to operate way above their brains' general $MAXINT. It's hypocrisy from a certain point of view, but surely you've noticed that most humans simply aren't capable of reasoning beyond their emotions, and in fact mostly come to conclusions first on the basis of those emotions, and then use whatever capability for reason they might have to justify those conclusions. For many of them, evidence and facts simply don't matter unless they support tribe affilitation or perceived identity -- as I recall, it's been established that both liberals and conservatives are inclined to ignore evidence that conflicts with their beliefs and tend to avoid exposure to each others' opinions. And, of course, this is exactly what you'd expect in a culture that believes competition is somehow morally superior to cooperation, lest ye be branded a "commie" or some such.

Well, isn't that really the dilemma for all believers? Consistently strive to do what it right, or be a hypocrite? More often than not, most of them choose hypocrisy. Yesterday's vote more than proves that. Thank goodness Jones was able to turn out enough people who have no use for republican pedophiles.

Trump said it best."I could stand in the middle of 5th avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters." These words are as accurate as any words ever spoken and it's substantial evidence that suggests just how broken our society has become. It's not just them it's us too. We (American's) don't listen anymore to the other side. I'm as guilty of this as I believe everyone else is. When a conservative speaks all I hear is unsupported dogma. I hear Fox News, I hear Rush Limbaugh, I hear Bill O'Reilly, I hear anti-environment, I hear God. I shut down and conclude this person is a brainwashed idiot. I don't have an answer to this problem I just see it getting worse.

@pfreddie62 It is we the people of the United States of America that need to take responsibility for our country and we the people who need to stop being told what is reliable news and educate ourselves on how to investigate the truth.

When the numbers started trending for Jones, they told a reporter that 'they were praying a lot'. So I'd like to ask them; 'is that to the god that can change the ballots yet counted? Or the one that goes back in time like Superman to change the outcome?

Yes, the election was close. But it's a start. This is what can happen when people get to the polls on election day instead of sitting it out.

If someone like Roy Moore can be shown the door in a place like Alabama, then imagine what can happen in states where the radical right movement has a more tenuous hold.

Good people with half a brain still outnumber these troglodytes and they have the advantage so long as they stay engaged in the political process.

I don't understand it myself! I still can't wrap my head around the fact that so many people think that the orange Overlord pseudo president Donald Trump was a good choice. The United States of America is just a big freak Show

A step in the right direction.

If a man believes in god, christians will forgive him for almost anything.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8059
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.