Agnostic.com

18 3

What is your dream job? What job would you never like to do?

Dream job: pilot
Never want to do: lawyer

GeekLeen 7 Dec 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well I'd really like to make a living playing guitar..since so far it's just a hobby.

I'd never be a priest lol!

My dream job would be to work in the renewable energy sector, anything from building solar arrays through to design and sales. I would just love to be a part of positive environmental change.

The 'never' job? Police officer. I just don't have it in me to deal with that kind of crap every single day. Being constantly exposed to the worst people (or people at their worst) has got to take a serious toll on a person's mental health and general outlook.

I'm stealing.... Dream- World traveler/Astronaut (same thing, right? Lol) Not- Politician (especially President)

Rich world traveler!

I think you better have a companion on that job. So here I am! Lol

I would love to be a voice actor for cartoons short films or movies. It is a tough field to get into and almost little to no recognition. I don't care so much for recognition but that part makes it even harder if you don't know how to network yourself.
The job im doing now, IT support. Its boring most of the time and pays for crap. you hardly ever get a permanent employment status. the hours a varied

I would also love to do cartoon voice-overs! Also, I was in IT for over 15 years. At the beginning, it was amazing. That was back in the late 90s when anyone who understood computers was somewhat revered. Now though, computer support workers are seen as disposable. I worked contracts for the last year of my IT career and gave it up due to the crap treatment. I now paint houses for a living and make more money than I did on any of the contracts. (When I had a "real" IT job though, the money and environment were excellent)

Dream job: Astronaut. Never want to do: Any desk job

MattW Level 6 Dec 13, 2017

Dream job- Computer web designer.
Job I don't want- To work in a dildo factory.

Dream: lawyer
Nightmare: sewer maintenance.

Forgot about the worst job to have...being a politician!!

Right? Who in their right mind would want to do that? You might start out honest and with good intentions but doesn't take long before you're corrupted.

@BeeHappy. True. Once I was nominated to serve as president of a regional water conservation board and when I read what the State water laws are I declined. It's no wonder we have such badly polluted water because of what the State allows this stuff to actually happen and there's no enforcement. This is in Texas. TCEQ is a corrupt government agency!! They actually protect the financial environment of the polluters rather than the natural environment. No wonder big business wants to relocate to Texas!!

I'd live on my own little piece of land (which I already own) making my pottery. When I opened a kiln, cars would magically (can I say magic on this site?) arrive and take warm pots right from the kiln and leave their money with me. Then I'd make some more pots and repeat the process. Ahhhh, life would be good!!

Hey... that's cool... those pots cost a fortune over here.

@GeekLeen you aren't the only ones watching pottery making videos. Lol

@GeekLeen no I haven't. I'll check it out. Thanks

Plan A: Creating art all day long: throwing on the wheel, sculpting, collage, drawing, photoshop, photography, sewing (art not clothes). Writing poetry and short stories. I need to be creative.
Plan B: Some type of social work.
(I'll have to think about the rest of the alphabet.)

I would not work in a factory farm, as a butcher, in the meat section of any place, I don't think I could ever waitress, I hate driving in traffic, so no to Uber and Lyft, I'm done with office work and bureaucracy. No to Big Pharma, no to the industrial prison complex, no to retail, no to advertising (don't want to promote McDonaldization in any form).

Wow . . . I guess I better start my own business, then.

@ GeekLeen Wouldn't it be great if we could create our own co-ops? Not have to run on the treadmill and be part of the rat-race to support ourselves? Have time to discover our full human potential?

Help me out here....

1. My dream job.... well maybe a chef now that I'm retired.
  2. Job I would never like to do.... be that guy that stars in dirty jobs. Yuck!!!

I wouldn't last anyway..lol. it's a dream job. I can't stand for more than 2 hours. My back, hip, and knee. I'm just worn out....lol.

Dream: successful artist
Never: work in any capacity at a rendering plant (any job involving cadavers is off the table for me).

Zster Level 8 Dec 13, 2017

I'm very serious about lifting, working out and nutrition so when I got a job managing a health club I thought I had gotten my dream job. Wrong! Got sick of the loud music, helping people who I knew weren't ready or going to follow through on my advice and how hard it was to get my own workouts in without being interrupted. After awhile I was hardly working out at all. This made me realize I don't want to work for money at my 'dream job'. Now I just have a job that lets me afford my 'hobby' of working out and I only help folks who are serious and are receptive to my advice. Being a full-time sudent? Would do that in a heartbeat. Can't make any money doing that tho. 🙂

Your not going to be to happy when you realize your s.s.check aint enough to cover your supplemental insurance or help pay for living expenses... it's rough out there. People realize all that play time was an illusion. That security is were its at... I'm just pointing out the future brother. It can suck big time.

This was asked before. You might look for it, and see what all those answers were too.

Ok...

The op might find more comments from the older post. Bigger perspective to the question.

If I had not married or had children it would have been to travel the world as a National Geographic photographer.It would have been like having a paid vacation all year because I love traveling,nature, and wild life etc.Worst job city sewer cleaner

My dream job was die maker and designer, which I did for about 50 years. I would never be an executioner.

Been retired 5 years but I wanted to go to law school-criminal defense law. Never-work on an assembly line.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8099
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.