Agnostic.com

36 4

You get to create a national holiday for non-believers, what would it be?

The government decides to be inclusive and asks you to create a new holiday for non-believers.

What's it called? What date will it be? And, what is a holiday tradition?

silvereyes 8 Dec 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments (26 - 36)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

1.Thanks Darwin Day
2. Earthmass
3. Star dusts days.
4. Science days

The majority would not be ready for this. The parade would be boring with a few Religious protestors. You could fight back with the US registered church of Atheism.

Thought of them dragging their books, no, not exciting enough. Then thought of a floating Zoo, yes!!!. Why not. Not really,  some of the wild animals may get too up set, then escape and eat the audieance and insurance would be too high.

Any other idea?

We had Stainmas....a relatively large gathering of ne'er-do-wells who got together, created a tacky tree out of empty bottles and beer cans sometime around the winter solstice...

Reason Day the whole day is devoted to Atheists using reason and logic to dissuade their most vehement but least practicing Christian or whatever other religion.

Skeptics Day: A day of reason and rational thought. December 14th which is incidentally my birthday lol. It would recognize any person willing to set aside their irrational beliefs and learn how and why evidence is necessary and why faith is a destructive influence on humanity.

Some atheist groups around the twin cities have celebrations around the solstices and even the Seinfeld Festivus 'celebration'!

@NerdyOkieDude Perfect! Do any feats of strength go along with the airing of grievances?

Airing of grievances are NOT supposed to be fun!

May 25th. Science and Technology Day. Infor on the latest discoveries and new experiments. Interactive experiments for children to learn. Displays of previous experiments and discoveries with info of the steps that achieved the results. Games based on scientific data. Science kits safe for home use. I think I would be happy with that. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Dec 13, 2017

@MrLizard

Thank you. 🙂

Nonconformist day

Which we would each celebrate individually on the day of our own choosing. 😉

National Knowledge Day. August 1st. A day celebrating all types of researched facts, informing the misinformed, or uninformed. A day to think out of the box, to share your favorite facts with family, friends, and foreigners. Educate yourself, entertain yourself, and expand your experience in fact knowledge. 😉

Progressive day celebrating Knowledge and science

Oops, didn't see this comment, not trying to copy you 😉
Great minds think alike.

ok like the name

Saturnalia...December 25th...A decorated evergreen tree in the house.
That should piss off a few million people. 😉

You really come up with some good ones. Let me think on that for a while.

George Carlin's Birthday. I don't know the date but it would be tradition to quote his best lines.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8100
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.