Agnostic.com

15 3

Does anyone know of a song whose lyrics are the names of classic authors?

A few friends of mine told me about the nerdiest wedding experience. The bride and groom danced to a song in which the lyrics were only the names of classic authors. They said it sounded vaguely gothy, hence why I wanted to find it.

Does anyone have any idea what this song might be?

surrealhoax 7 May 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I really enjoy all these guesses. I may never know what the song was that I was originally looking for, but this is great!

It could be Lost In Austen by Laren Flans.

Rap and a bit Gothy

Mentions Jane Austen characters

Van Morrison in Summertime in England mentioned the English opium smoking authors Wadsworth and Coleridge. Probably not what you are looking for.

It's interesting nonetheless. Thanks.

I don't know about classic authors but I know one with philosophers

Monty Python - Bruce's Philosophers Song (Lyric Video)

Hmm, they aren't all authors, but Hemingway, Pasternak and Kerouac all make an appearance. We Didn't Start the Fire by one of MY favorite atheists, Billy Joel.

[genius.com]

I was just going to post this response but you beat me to it!

Armadeus Queen

Coldo Level 8 May 19, 2018

No, Idk?

You might enjoy The Dead Poets. They are a group of 3 Poets/Musicians from Asheville. Their album is a decade old but lots of fun. Try iTunes or youtube.

Oscar Wilde died in bed. Several floors above my head.

This is now my new favorite song from jimmy buffett.

There's a Smiths song which mentions Wilde and some others

The Smiths - Cemetery Gates
Is this it? Keats, Yates, and Oscar Wilde are mentioned in the song.

And surrealhoax looks a bit like Morrisey

That's a great album.

@273kelvin I am going to have to see if this is it!!!

Also, thanks for the compliment, I think!

No, but I know of an album.. Tales of Mystery and Imagination... Edgar Allan Poe, by Alan Parson Project

And of course paperback writer about Edward Lear

The Beatles I am the walrus mention Edgar Allan Poe

Hey surrealhoax, I don't know that song. But there is a song by The Smiths where Morrissey sings about Keats and Yates, and Wilde. It's called "Cemetery Gates".

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:84774
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.