Agnostic.com

21 5

What would you buy?

If you had the money and you could, what would you buy for the sole purpose of changing your life?

I would buy a family. That's more wishful thinking then anything. 3/4 of my life is over and I've had people in my life that said they were family but it was just lies. It always turned out to be nothing close and I saw lots of backs. LOL I can laugh about it now because I have inner peace of knowing when life ends it ends and everything in my memories end with the end of life. A lot of endings there. But, all kidding aside, I would like to feel the love and closeness of a family but, the grass isn't greener on the other side. Like the saying goes, wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills the fastest.

davtim68 7 Dec 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There are so many children that would love to have a family. That is a sweet way to get one.

I would buy a home. On property big enough for my garden and cow and ass and goats and chickens. With adaptations for my disabilities.

Can you buy anything? I would buy 50 years of beeing 31 year old

a vast piece of land and let it go wild or keep it wild.

I just have 1/2 acre - but I did just what you're saying. The woods are so thick now, I cut trails through them - feels like a much bigger space than it is, and all the local wildlife use it as a refuge !

brilliant thank you

I'd buy myself retirement, so that I can get on with those things that I really love (such as conservation). In the meantime, I'm part of the rat race.

I'd buy a stratospheric combination VAWT / Solar Tower. Then when everyone so how well it works and how cheaply it produces power, people who saw me would pat me on the back and buy me a beer. (full disclosure: I am a Leo 😉 )

VAWT = Vertical axis wind turbine

I would buy what money can’t buy ,happiness .

All the politicians in Washington. 🙂

are they on special?

@btroje, unfortunately they go for the highest bidder.

Well ..if we’re reaching to that extent … a nation-wide radio network.. I’d staff it with folks like you! Everyone here would be offered a job! We’d make ‘a.. America Great Together!’ We’d counter the heaps of religious-republican propaganda, providing an alternative to what, in my mind, was the beginning of the end of rational politics in this nation… Don’t know that we’d be a moneymaker, so I may need to return for a second wish 🙂

...regarding family.. I’ve a small one, any more, it seems like only the 3 of us. Parents too old to count and siblings far enough into their own lives not to need my assistance. I think what we leave is the effect we’ve had on others and nature. An ‘American,’ it’s hard to imagine my carbon footprint could be erased by my good deeds or intentions … but perhaps I might influence our youth to do better with less. Glad you’re here..

Varn Level 8 Dec 15, 2017

I'm from the UK. Would I get a job? I feel unemployable 😉

A home on a tropical island-maybe Costa Rica

Great health and long life for all of my loved ones.

Zster Level 8 Dec 15, 2017

A fuel/grocery store in small town nowhereville! give to deals to the people so they don't drive to deals out of town. #smalltownpride!

I would invest in further education.

A secure retirement, and relief from all my physical maladies.

A whole vault full of asset backed security bonds.

Still, I think that @SKDeitch was hinting that happiness may lie elsewhere. The question is phrased in terms of "you have enough wealth, what would you then do?".

Money is merely a means to an end.

Mostly I would use the interest to supplement my income from working, and upon my death I would donate what ever the balance is to a charitable cause which I believed to be the most in need. Likely to some organization which provides education to disadvantaged individuals.

Then yea. I would buy money so I could use it to make more money.

A vessel to engage with my Mistress Sea. Mediterranean suits me as long my mate wants to tag along. Don't want to be lonely when I am alone.

Wow me too..why for you? Do you have children, parents, siblings? I really want to tell you why me too was my first response but I hate when people turn the convo back to themselfs. Tell me more please.

I feel you on the parents thing..I have one living parent who is toxic as hell and a father who had a tortured life and went on to torture us as well. I have no words to express how sorry I feel for you, me, and all the people in the world that have unloving or even hatefilled family members. Family can and should be loving and suportive but often are not. Sadly, when you have no early childhood family tha cared for you and treated you the way they should, you have no idea of how to create on of your own. I lucked out on that..maybe part luck, part my determination that my kids would not go thru what I did.. My kids and I have a great relationshi. One daughter that I struggle with, but I know she loves me. She is a fighter, and I have always been a pacifist. Friends and spouses can fill that void in your life and it is never too late to create a family. Well, at least that is what I think.

Truth....I realize that as a concept, you can't really 'buy' the truth, and some people won't let you have it at any price. To me, lies are the source of the most unhappiness on earth: lies of your spouse and family, lies of your politicians, lies of religious leaders. It's hard to live the life you think is right when you have the roadblock of lies constantly sending you on detours...

I would like to be a video game commentator and entertain people with my random wtf moments, trolls, and random story lines.

love, Satan and God's thrones anything else I can think of

On a virtually infinite budget-I'd go to the moon.

I would just keep farming until it was all gone.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8484
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.