Agnostic.com

38 3

Do you use any form of the word Jesus Christ when/if you swear?

MyLiege 7 Dec 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments (26 - 38)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I try to avoid any type of religious swearing.

Oddly enough, I combine the names of the alleged deity and the recently deceased former US president:
“Jesus Herbert Walker Christ!”

There's nothing off limits if you're cursing. Unless someone complains, it is all fair game, all the time. Express yourself, and talk to HR later.

Yes

Yes. Usually just say Jesus or Jesuus christ!

Of course! Jesus H. Christ, Jesus f--ing Christ, or sometimes I'll just say cheese and rice.

Jeeez that's a toughie. Be Jesus with an Irish accent comes out as Be Jaysus 🙂

I really try not to swear, because it becomes a habit that's hard to break.

Orbit Level 7 Dec 16, 2018

I use it very often but I find myself mixing and matching with other deities. Muhammad Christ! Zeus Damnit, etc.

I use all the swear words and have been said to "swear like a sailor." What does that mean? How would you swear using non-religious words? I have discovered that if you swear around believers they have a tear in their eyes and ask you to stop as if you are hurting their deity.

I use Jesus Fucking Christ way too often, lol. Jesus, Jesus Christ...I try not to use JFC too much in front of my Christian co-workers, but sometimes I do it on purpose because some people deserve to be offended, lol
And, to all of you that say “Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick,” I love you!!!!

Swearing is a known and effective form of stress relief and yes I use Jesus Christ as well as many others. I use them at home or with friends do my best to avoid in public or at work out of respect for others. If anyone would have a sense of humor historical Jesus I think would.

Quarm Level 6 Mar 24, 2019

I recently saw a video in which someone responded to eating particularly spicy food with "Oh, Jear Desus"! I may have to start doing that. It's too funny to pass up.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8627
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.