Agnostic.com

27 4

What are your pet-peeves?

What gets under your skin more than anything?

A few of mine are people who say they are blessed, drivers who stop in a merge lane leading into a dedicated lane, and generally anyone who is mean spirited, especially to animals or less fortunate people and rude.

lkahleski 6 May 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Right there with you on those... But I have at least one more: drivers who speed up when you attempt to pass, insist on being ahead of you; but always slow down again, and repeat.

Or the ones who speed up to pass you and then drive slower than you were originally

Anything having to do with Trump

Willful ignorance.

On this website: I immediately block anyone who starts praising Trump and any of his racist policies, anyone who insults women for wanting equal rights, men who post pics of their genitals or say inappropriate things about women's bodies, anyone who starts insulting and attacking me when I mention anything they don't personally believe in, etc.

When people say something is epic, especially when it’s just some stupid ordinary thing.

Or "amazing"

@jujuofthesea I don’t hear amazing that often, or maybe I’ve decided to ignore it, incorrectly used or not, but the word I referenced is the latest catchword. I’ve heard several people use it and they can’t answer me correctly when I ask them if they know what the word means. But it’s been a thing that bugs me a lot and I have no idea why I let it happen.

Awesome.

@TravelinTom
AGREE!!!

Hero is on top of that.

Rude people that never use the words thanks, please ,or excuse me . Talking loudly on cell phones,Drivers who over use their horn, irresponsible pet owners, individuals that do not hold the door behind them.people that waste food.people that thank god for the good things that happen to them and then say it was God’s will when bad things happen to them. Bad listeners

Littering. While hiking, I carry grocery bags to pick up litter on the trail. It's appalling.

Dog owners who leave stinking, plastic bags of dog poop beside the trail, broiling in the sun. What do they think? A Poop Fairy will magically clean up after them? I'm not willing to touch it. I eat with my hands while hiking.

Smoking. With asthma, I hold my breath and run away from smokers. Why anyone starts smoking is beyond me. With all we know now about tobacco-caused cancer deaths.

Republicans - almost everyone of them.
Evolution should have stopped with the monkey!!
Planet Earth would be so thankful.

One of my HUGE pet peeves has to do with work...

I'm a train dispatcher for a major railroad. Think air traffic control / 911 operator for a piece of RR territory. Every train that moves, every person that needs on the rail to make repairs, etc, gets their authority to do so from me.
Since I work for a private for profit corporation, I am generally busy as crap. At times I am insanely busy. INSANELY BUSY. So busy that at 10am till 6pm they actually split my job. I have been doing this since 1994, and my desk is the only territory I know of that actually splits in the middle of a shift.

You would not believe the number of phone calls I get from RR employees all day that start with.

"Hey dispatcher, how's it going?"

How's it going??? Really?

You've been waiting 27 minutes to talk to me... And you're going to ask how it's going? I haven't stopped answering calls for literally 3 hours, haven't taken a piss in over 4, get no breaks or lunch period on my 'hours-of-service' regulated job... and you're going to ask how it's going? Shit!!! They force me to be rude all day.
"Just what do you need? I'm too busy to talk pleasantries."

They wouldn't ask a 911 operator how they were doing, before stating their issue. Airliners don't insist on knowing how Denver approach is doing when they change to his frequency... But ALL FREAKING DAY I get employees trying to chum up and talk casual with me while I am answering calls like The Flash on meth. And my job is safety related too, so I just don't have the time to kick back and get all relaxed and talk about whatever b.s. is trending. And if I'm too blunt, I get turned into the companies safety hotline for being a dick. Grrrrrr!!!!

My reply would be I haven't been able to pee for 4 hours, I won't have time for lunch AGAIN today, I am doing the work of six people, and every person who calls me for help asks me "how are you doing today?" now what do you need and how can I help?....

People in the grocery store aisle standing in front of a shelf and yelling with some one on a cell phone about what flavor salad dressing to buy, .

@SACatWalker Yes the loudness factor is important in looking for a specific item. It's like he's seeking assistance from other shoppers, 'I can't find the Vlasic 9.3 ounce bottle of puckered pickles in peyote juice' Patsy.

@buzz13 Hey, where do I get that?

@birdingnut Grrrrrrr.....LOL

@SACatWalker " it's usually a guy being talked through the shopping experience by his wife, like he's landing a plane where the pilot is out"

LMAO!!!!!
''I can't find the Vlasic 9.3 ounce bottle of puckered pickles in peyote juice' Patsy."

People who have call someone on a cell phone to go grocery shopping at all. What, you can't spend money without direct supervision?

I wish they would just get the fuck out of the way, by stop blocking the whole spaces between the shelves!!!

Slow drivers on the freeway who refuse to let you pass; people who take shopping carts out of the store's parking lot and leave them in the neighborhood; people who litter. (I should stop now...)

1. People who chew gum noisily.
  2. Being forced to listen to other people's music or radio choices, especially if the sound is bleeding past their ear buds or headphones. What are they doing to their ears??! Plus, it often seems to be people with questionable taste and scratchy sound equipment.
  3. Second hand smoke from any source.
  4. Being forced to listen to news channels at 6 a.m. at the gym - not a jolly start to the day.

These are my primary dis-satisfiers.

At my gym they have FOX news on at the treadmills!..........AAAAEEE!!!!!!!!!😠

@buzz13 You poor, poor dear. (comforting shoulder pats) I think I would give in to temptation and "accidentally" batter the TV to death. (And why does it always seem as if the volume control was set by someone with a significant hearing impairment?)

@Cherie44 Can't it's free...lol

@Cherie44 ...uh...

1. Rude people.
  2. People who use the phrase "it's common sense".
  3. People who listen to reply and not to understand.

"It's common sense", and "Obviously"... How those word grate...

If sense were common more people would have it....

The left brain-right brain nonsense.

Leigh Level 2 May 20, 2018

I once was merely peeved about the misuse of words and language until I realized that the tyranny of ignorance was a skirmish in the Culture War.

• Haboob for sandstorm
  • Monsoon for rainy season
  • Decimate for devastate
  • The loss of whom

Slow reaction drivers, people using the term “woke”.

Stupid people and slow people in the fast lane!

People who complain about "first world problems", mostly. I watched my friend bury his daughter two years ago and I stopped having pet peeves.

There's a lid for a reason.
It screws, ties, buckles or snaps on for a reason.
. You left two/three bites. Why.
. You could care less ? Really. How much less, and please be detailed, this is for posterity.

Lids left loose on products that need shaking before use. Oye vay.

@Condor5
Unless you are a prankster.

Not having enough resources at work, I've done so much with so little for so long that I'm now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Peo'ple a'busing the ap'ostrphe'!

Privileged asshole who pushes others around, confront them when I can and humiliate them

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 26, 2019

People who are intentionally stupid....

Strangers who, when I hold a door for them, walk past me like I'm "the help". So I usually say "It's been a pleasure serving you". One day I held the door open for someone and their entire family walked out while I was holding the door and not one of them even looked at me. WTF?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:86398
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.