Agnostic.com

19 9

LINK NFL Bans Kneeling During The National Anthem | HuffPost

There should be a ban on all sales of over priced beer and hotdogs during the anthem, no one walking around, talking, etc...if so, penalize the public and the owners. After all, that’s disrespectful to the troops, the anthem, and whatever false outrage people have.

Rideauxb 7 May 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

How many of know you that Francis Scott Key was a slave owner and a white Supremacist. So It is easily argued that the anthem is an insult not just to blacks,but any thinking person and if the US thinks it is so righteous, why does it keep an anthem written by such a person. So IMO, it is an insult not to take a knee.

Good luck with that one!

As a privet business on their own property they can regulate and make sure rules for their employees. It is not an oppression of their First Amendment Rights because it their business and their property. It is no different than when your employer makes certain topic forbidden to talk about. As example how much you get paid. Many employers will fire you if you discuss how much you are paid to other employees. With that being said as an ex-military man I didn’t take offence to keeling during the National Anthem. I saw them exercising their Frist Amendment Rights which is what I and my fellow military brothers and sisters fought/fight to protect. I have seen much worse that is offensive to me then keeling during a song. Like Memorial Day Sales; I see them is disrespectful to my fallen brothers and sisters. It is supposed to be a time of reflection and remembrance for the fallen not a “get a great deal on a new sofa” or “our blowout sale on a new bed”.

Remember, the only reason the anthem is played is that the Pentagon pays for it as a recruitment tool.
If the Pentagon stopped paying for it we would never hear it again.
It has nothing to do with patriotism.
Kneeling for it, on the other hand, is very meaningful and respectful to those of us that get brutalized by the police.

@BucketlistBob What does that have to do with it?

@nvrnuff i deleted what i had ... are you still seeing it?

@nvrnuff i have. I got some buddies that died in nam. My standing salutes them and my anthem. Take the protest elsewhere. I don't like trump. Hes right on....on this one.

Army veteran here. Taking a knee is not disrespectful one bit! Having injured, unemployed & homeless veterans is far more disrespectful.@BucketlistBob

Hey I wonder what would happen if everyone in the stands would kneel, you know expressing their right of freedom along with the $100 admission price to get into the damned game.

I'm hoping for a reverse effect where we'll see empty sidelines for these festivities.

@BearMcClure It's death that rots the brain. Sports is just something to occupy the time until the happens though my attention to sports has dropped off the closer I've gotten to death or the further I've gotten from actually being able to play them.

This is just so much bullshit. The owners are caving to 45 and the fans that have said they'll boycott.
Nothing like forcing "patriotism" by threatening the livelihoods of people.
I don't care how much money the players make, their employers really have no
right to force them to exhibit any kind of "reverence" for a stupid fucking song, that
actually means nothing. Just like the flag. They're nothing but symbols, which at this
point, mean next to nothing.
Personally, I haven't recited the Pledge, or stood for the anthem, in a very long time.
I won't do it regardless of who has a problem with it.
It has nothing to do with respect, and everything to do with politics.

Bravo!!! Well stated

Nothing like threatening the NFL's revenue stream to force change.
I served 4 years active duty so people can protest, or not protest which ever they prefer. Personally I would rather see them kneeling than shut away, it makes our service mean more.

Totally against the spirit of the first amendment.

The ban is offensive to me. Freedom is making silent protest, or even loud protest. Taking a knee is a very respectful protest, and to ban that only invites less respect. I feel nothing good will come of this decision.

Swade Level 4 May 23, 2018

@BucketlistBob What does that have to do with it?

@nvrnuff i have. I got some buddies that died in nam. My standing salutes them and my anthem. Take the protest elsewhere. I don't like trump. Hes right on....on this one.

Taking a knee is about police brutality not anything military@BucketlistBob

I think ALL players should stay in the locker room, OR come out with black duct tape across their mouths since their perfectly legal protest is being subverted. I become increasingly worried that we're well down the slippery slope to fascism.

I got roundly slagged off for saying this on here once before but I'll say it again. Taking a knee in protest to an injustice (perceived or actual) is, to me, perfectly acceptable. It's not disrespecting any aspect of America it is in fact paying the American's and the country a huge compliment that you have a society that enables you to protest at all. There are many countries where you would....'disappear' for such an act.

@BucketlistBob What doesthat have to do with it?

There is absolutely NO reason for the damn anthem to be played at sporting events. None.

I have been saying this for years. I thought I was the only one that thought it incredibly ridiculous

So there are at least 2 of us 🙂

I'm looking forward to seeing what the NFL Players Association will do

I smell a lawsuit a'comin'

This is a phony issue, created by Trump. Kneeling is a sign of deference and respect. As a veteran and native southerner, I say that those who want to make an issue of this are bigots andirrational right wing reactionaries.

Whichever way you stand on it the ban appears to have no teeth. Read the following excerpts:

1. The fining or punishment of players and other personnel would be dictated by the individual teams.
  2. The measure mandates that players who are on the field must stand for the national anthem but can remain in the locker room if they choose.

I hope the fan is not the entertainment on a pro football game.

This is so messed up. Kneeling is kneeling.

The land of the unfree.

Can they really do that? I think anyone wanting to knell should do it anyway

Can an employer require that you stand? Absolutely.

@BucketlistBob What doesthat have to do with it?

@BucketlistBob I will answer you. No, not a war for my country. I didn't sign up for the military knowing full well I could serve in war. However, lots of my sister's signed up for marriage. In doing so they faced down death, same as you, but the enemy was a husband or a BF. Yet these abuser are welcome back into the NFL with zero consequences. F the NFL where kneeling is more offensive then the battery of women.

Well dear, they are employees, ridiculously highly paid slaves mind you, while in uniform, they are on company time. They are free to protest anything they want in their free time as long they don't embarass the organization. They can always quit the nfl and go to work in the major they pursuited in college. Now, how many quit the nfl as a means of protest the injustices of this nation. How many?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:88726
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.