Agnostic.com

47 5

What is or was your musical guilty pleasure?

Ok, We all had them. Songs we listened to that maybe only we liked. Bands that were slightly off the beaten path. For me, it was Grand Funk Railroad I'm Your Captain. It was so bad it was great ?. Three chord rock n roll at its best. A lyric so deep: I'm your captain yeah yeah yeah yeah

jwd45244 7 May 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

47 comments (26 - 47)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I listen to so much music that on any given day my guilty pleasure changes. At the moment it’s late 90’s early 2000’s pop

Playlist for the creative:

*NSYNC - it makes me ill
Backstreet Boys - Backstreets Back
O-Town - All or Nothing
OMC - How Bizzare
Crazy Town - Butterfly
DJ Sammy - Heaven
Wheatus - Teenage Dirtbag
Limp Bizkit - My Way
tATu - all the things she said
Papa Roach - Last Resort
the Offspring -Why don’t you get a job
Melanie C - I turn to you

I love teenage dirtbags! ?

I also really like the song. ?

@AdorkableMe ???

Rachmaninoff's two piano concertos: #2 and #3. He was the first "Rocky."

No guilt - with music either.
If I like a song the genre doesn't matter.
I used to hate disco. Then I let myself dance.
One of my favorite songs is "call me maybe'- genius songwriting.
No shame in my game.
And Grand Funk did some great tunes.
The red album, grand funk, is my favorite.
There's a reason they were so popular.

Mine is WASP.. Wild Child. Love that band and they weren't really all that well known back in the 80's.

Justin Timberlake is my guilty musical pleasure....I just can't stop that feeling! 🙂

Puccini's "Turandot". The "per l'Ultima volta" passage is so beautiful it makes me cry. I put that section on repeat for way longer than is healthy.

Canon in D: tears every time.

This one came to mind Hot Chocolate tune "Heaven is in the backseat of my cadillac"
🙂

Mine is gangsta rap, especially N.W.A., Ice Cube, and especially Geto Boys.

@jwd45244 Abba the Cramps, Insane Clown Posse, B52s

It wasn't a rock. It was a rock lobster

My true love and passion for music is West Coast Thrash! But I do love Black Metal! This is the best song ever written (at least that I have heard). Heavily based on Classical, and written like poem.

Guilty pleasure. No, it's NOT great music. But that WINK, oh my!

Etre Level 7 May 25, 2018
Etre Level 7 May 25, 2018

I still listen to dubstep occasionally. I know it's dated and I have at least stopped blasting it in my home due to complaints from the other occupants but it still sometimes scratches an itch.

I take it this means off the beaten path, not held in high regard artists?
. Three Dog Nights
. John Denver
. Old school disco (wait, all disco are old school)

I hate that I really like some Justin Beiber songs.

Anything by Dick Contino!

No guilty pleasures, just pleasures. But I frequently listen to tons of things all across the musical spectrum that would probably embarrass the majority of people. JPOP and Japanese idol groups, for example. I just don't feel any guilt or embarrassment myself.

Ok, I liked that one song of theirs but feel "meh" about the rest.

I never feel guilty, especially when it comes to music. I will turn the volume up any time 'Freakers Ball' is playing!

Trans Siberian Orchestra

gater Level 7 May 25, 2018

Less Than Jake - Al's War.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:89952
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.