Agnostic.com

16 1

Advice for the younger generation?

If you had 1 piece of advice for a person just starting out as an adult. What would it be?

It can be anything. Job advice, relationship advice, political advice, etc. Anything and everything.

Also if you want to add more than one, go straight ahead. Just please number them 🙂

Lancer 7 Dec 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

1. Adults lie.

2. If you're ever on the wrong side of the law, don't try to make things difficult for the cops - they'll make things much, much more difficult for you.

3. Never forget you have a voice, and your opinions are worth as much as anyone's.

4. Join a union and fight for a better deal.

5. Work for a couple of years, save all you can and then travel round the world.

Jnei Level 8 Jan 8, 2018

Give up on your dreams and make money

In Descending Order:

Appreciate Joy ~

Protect your health, do not expose yourself to toxic anything or be pressured into potentially body damaging physical work.

Be conservative with your money, you’ve far more competition.

Expect the unexpected, things will rarely play out the way they’re described by society.

Live with as few material items as necessary.

Move in the opposite direction of ‘Trends.’

View life as a cycle, and remain aware at which point yourself and others are within it.

Varn Level 8 Dec 20, 2017

Well seeing as this is an agnostic site I would say if you don't believe not to let your would be friends and family get to you and always know that even if you're being hated on or harassed you can find comfort in knowing you are not alone and that the selfish, uncaring way of approching you after you've rejected them many times before is why their religion exists. Some people want to be good while other have to. Don't try and convince them other wise, just cause your right doesn't mean they'll be.

Losers own problems -- hang on to them forever, beat them to death. Winners seek and create solutions and act on them with vigor.

Do not live beyond your means . Do not get married until you have done everything you want to do ,that you can’t do when you get married, because when you get married your finished.

I think the best advice I’ve ever heard is Don’t take advice from someone who hasn’t succeeded at what you’re trying to accomplish.

skado Level 9 Dec 20, 2017

You have a long road ahead of you! There is some good advice below. Don't sweat over the little shit, or the big shit either. All things will pass if you keep out of the big house! If anything you're doing causes the big house to flash in your mind, immediately drop it turn and walk the other way! I especially liked the night time stoney part below. That double goes with alcohol! I personally would attempt to stir one away from alcohol all together, occasional use at best. I believe the most important thing though is to prepare yourself for the future now. I don't give a fuck if it's 5 bucks a week. Start putting money back now and don't touch it unless you absolutely have to!

Work hard, learn everything you can, but don't focus on money. You'll be so much happier with yourself and satisfied with your life in the long run, especially as your definition of success changes.

This is advice my 22 year old daughter who moved back home needs but won't listen to.

1. Finish high school-get a GED-do it on line.
  2. Check out Community College for vocational careers.
  3. Get a job that pays money.
  4. Be nice to people-its a good thing to do and will help you get a job.
  5. Don't get stoned during the day-wait to night at home.

What bothers me the most she is wicked intelligent. Whenever I share a post with her she responds "I knew that". She has street smarts and needs to exercise her brain beyond video games.

Read. A lot. Especially things written by those whom you don't neccessarily agree with. You learn nothing about the world around you by looking in a mirror.

choose your partner wisely and don't have more than one child if any.

Read The Art Of Selfishness by David Seabury, and read The Book by Alan Walls on the taboo against knowing who you are. And invest in real estate, but be careful. Never invest what you can't afford to loose and always go through a title co. and get title insurance.

Start now in a 401k in electric car companies and leave it there. Thats a good start for your retirement pension. Social security may run out and companies and going to a 401k plan anyway.

@Nilkin67 they are. Take one out and pop one in.... awesome!

Life will rarely go the way you plan, but its good to HAVE a plan. Just be flexible. Set accomplishable goals, and take time to evaluate where you stand compared to where you'd like to be frequently. It's okay for your plans to change. Don't sweat the upsets. And it's never too late to chase your dreams.

ALWAYS question "authority", and conformity is overrated.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9359
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.