Agnostic.com

104 9

How to deal with religious family and friends?

Being an agnostic is especially challenging when you're surrounded with religion family and friends. Often they will try to convert you to their religion, become hostile towards you or even disown you. What are your thoughts on how to retain a good relationship with religion people?

Admin 9 Aug 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

104 comments (101 - 104)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's difficult, but if you love those people you have to cut the balance between honesty and respect.

Well my grandparents they're super religious and they don't know I'm atheist so I just go along with whatever they say so there isn't any drama because if they were to find out they probably would try and convert me

As long as they don't try to convert me, we are fine, otherwise I avoid them.

While I don't suppress the fact that I'm agnostic (although I often have to explain it), I do find myself biting my tongue when faced with people I know telling me what God had meant for me or those who have wronged me. It's rather annoying since these people know I'm agnostic, yet ignore that fact. It's like an implied statement of "I know you're agnostic, but you're wrong, and God has a plan for you anyway."

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:95
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.