Agnostic.com

19 1

Do you use deity based profanity?

From a simple 'Damnit' to 'By the Cheese of TGFSM! Deity based profanity is all around. What do you swear by?

papalarry 4 Dec 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hardly miss an opportunity to curse the fates or dare the gods to put me to task if that counts..

I have been known to say "jumping jesus on a pogo stick" from time to time.....

I just use his name cursing Fucken Jesus.

Have you ever read Spider Robinson's book 'Callahan's Lady'? Brings new meaning to "jumping jesus" and "christ on a bicycle"..

i will have to look that one up pappalarry

All the time! Usually Christian based. I do try not to do so in the presence of belivers.

As in "I defecate on the virgen / god? "

hmmm alright, seems to lack spontaneity but sure.

@papalarry See...it has my trademark....lol

Great Zarquon

Yes, I use deity based swear words. I should come up with other words ... Damn Darwin! Damn Science! Oh, math .... Damn that Big Bang!

SKH78 Level 8 Dec 21, 2017

Since damnation has a religious overtone, how about "Fucking Bang!" Then again that seems redundant....

Every chance I get, goddamnit!

Oh yes. The biblical figures do incestious things to each other when I am really mad.

Jesus fucking Christ, but only around devout Christians.

HAHA! It's entertaining to see the look on their faces.

Mostly just "goddamit", but these comments are inspiring me to try to come up with something better!

Glad I could help with the self improvement!

Got suspended from Facebook for saying Jesus Cock Sucking Christ...

@KevinJohnston LOL

Ooooo... There's a phrase I need to add to my repertoire.

'fraid so - old habits die hard...

"godammit anyway !"

By Zeus, I think not.

God fucking damn it? Not very often.

As much as I can..."Christ on a cracker" is a funny one... So is "Jesus fucking Christ". The visual that inspires is disturbing...

Since Christ is a title not a name, yeah disturbing and hilarious!

To Catholics, at times Christ IS a cracker! LOL

@LizBeth What? are you saying that Jews from two thousand years ago didn't have blonde hair and blue eyes?...lol!

It has made its way into my vernacular over the years.

Yes ,I can not break the habit of saying Goddammit ,I have been saying this my whole life mostly in private when something goes wrong.I also say OH God

I use to never say that because I thought it was blasphemous. Then I realized that I didn't believe in God, so that didn't matter.

You mean Jesus fucking christ?

indeed!

Jesus to me is political, king of the jews I'm pro-palestine and against the killing of children .So yes Fucken Jesus Christ.

I get it from my Jewish father who is gone-no son sorry

@irascible Christ is a title, so it would be buggering your position or office. Sort of like what the current president of the US is doing now......

I use deities in the place of profanity. For instance, when I say, "Oh, my god!", I'm really saying that's fucking unbelievable.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9584
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.