Agnostic.com

44 8

Are you a day person or a night person

My worst habit is staying up late and I often pay the price for it the next day.

Equally; mornings are not my friend. I hate the sun and I need caffeine to come to life. Therefore I'd call myself a night person.

Are you a day person or a night person?

• 32 votes
  • 19 votes
  • 29 votes
Ellatynemouth 8 June 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

44 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Am a morning lark. Am up by 4 or 5am.

@PraiseXenu Sunsets look the same, just on the other side. ☺

@PraiseXenu We will have to agree to disagree. It is the early worm that gets eaten by the bird. ☺

@PraiseXenu

If I had my way I'd go to bed at 9:30 and wake up at 8. But alas, my body doesn't understand the concept of sleep which means it does whatever it wants. Mostly I try to go to bed around 10. On a good night I fall asleep around 12 but wake up around 3 or 4 am. Then I'm up until about 6. My best sleep is between 7am and 10am. But that doesn't work for my job...

Ive been trying different cannabis blends for insomnia...It helps alot

I can be either, depending on the day, and what my brain wants to do. LOL

Cava helps me sleep! 😉

If I am still awake after 10 p.m. I am either having a night of insomnia I got carried away reading a book. I'm up at 5:30 for walking with friends. I need my sleep I am an old woman

Gee, you are not old... I am battling not to say you are adorable (that's what you are) because saying that might be borderline creepy and Henry does not want to be creepy ?

You certainly don't look like an old woman Amelie!

Night owl... my entire family is. It sucks that my boss demands 8-5 working hours as the nature of the work does not demand it. My most productive hours are after 3PM. Earlier requires caffeine.

Zster Level 8 June 3, 2018

i'm the same!

No vote, I don't dissapear during the day or during the night. I can sleep during daylight, and be awake during total darkness. My nickname in Crete, Greece was "Nighthawk". Can go days without sleeping if given the proper motivation and yet can have 10 sleeping sessions in a 24 hour period. I am a Person 24 hours a day and 24 hours a night.

I wish I was a person 24 hours a day. Unfortunately I am a grumpy ogre for part of it.

I have been a night shift worker for the past 4 years. Basically I am a vampire.

Lol that reminds me. I co-wrote a tune called Vampire Life a long time ago. The last line of the chorus was "Sleep all day... And stay up all night." I need to dig that back out from the depths, if I remember it.

My default setting is owl, but it's hard to get any adulting done that way, so I have to say both, altho I'd love to just have vampire hours.
I'm very envious of true "day people" and wish I could be one. . . At best my schedule rotates.

I'm in the same boat.

I think I'm with you in the sense that I#d have a fourth optio - I'm neither - just as likly to be pants in the morning as I am at night- but hey that's fibro for you.

I know someone else who has fibromyalgia and they suffer terribly. Sorry you have that.

This answers to this question should be in our profiles.

a section of basic questions like that would make the matching more valid

I'm naturally a night person - I feel happier, more alive and more creative when it's dark (the difference is noticeable even on overcast days compared to bright days). However, due to life, I have to be a day person, which is probably why I feel exhausted and only half-alive most of the time.

Jnei Level 8 June 5, 2018

Definitely love the dark

I’d like to be a night person, but work starts pretty early. I kinda have to be a day person, though I always stay up later than I should.

I'm the type of guy that has trouble waking up, and also trouble falling asleep... so definitely a night person. My body makes no sense to me.

I adjust my sleep patterns to accommodate other commitments. If I'm awake, I'm perky no matter the time of day or night.

Sadly I'm both.

In 1991 I hired on with a RR, which of course is a 24/7/365 operation... and many jobs are union. Which means seniority rules. So I started working midnights, thay way I could spend afternoons with my daywalker spouse!
I worked midnights for well ovee 20 years. A few years ago it was like my body got tired of sleeping in the daytime. So now I had scads of seniority and a little over a year ago I bid a dayshift/weekends off job!! Totally freaked out everyone in the office, but I had to do it.

I definitely sleep better now. But I am still stunned by how damn bright the sun is around noon!

Love the energy from the day the heat on a hot day exhilarates me. The pace at night helps my imagination come to life.

Primarily night, but l do like drives or walks in country during the day.

I am both depending on my schedule. Off now for the summer so will stay up longer, wake up later. When I get back to work, up at 5AM.

I'm a person who doesn't like to go to bed, however loves to sleep. When I worked night shifts I'd still stay up too late. I think I need to spend a couple of weeks in the woods with no electricity to reset my internal clock.

i just feel more comfortable in my own skin after dark. always have

Both

Coldo Level 8 June 3, 2018

I'm mostly a night person and have always been. But since for some unknown reason I usually sleep for about four hours (11pm to 3am), I have about five hours to myself to read before the household rises. That's my BONUS time.

Nothing more beautiful to me in nature than watching the sun rise over an huge expanse of water.

Used to be a vampire....now a days, jump off the bed early to make the most out of my day and by 9 PM the TV is watching me

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:98061
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.