Agnostic.com
5 14

This explains why I’m still crying about the loss of my cat, Lola, who died in 2019 but struggled to squeeze out a tear for my rotten mother who died 11 days ago and was the opposite of everything on this list.

Killtheskyfairy 9 Feb 12
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, my mother was a disappointment too. It made me want to be a better parent. I love my kitties.

Susieq Level 7 Feb 13, 2022

My mother had schizophrenia... For those who are familiar with the disorder I need not say more, but I too have shed more tears for my cats than my mother. I mean she isn't at fault for anything the schizophrenia made of her, and I always felt very, very sad for her, I loved her but it wasn't my fault either, and I had to spend much of my life looking after her with little warmth or happiness involved, as opposed to my cats. Taking care of her was a huge burden and pretty much ruined my life too. It's just the truth.

@AlbertSchepis my mother had scitzo too and paranoia. She lived to be 100. She didn’t know how to show me or my sister love.

@Susieq Sorry about that. They are so literally wrapped up in their world, they can't function. That is a very long time to live with a mother with that, and just as sad for her to live with it. The medications mom was given over the years took a toll on her too and actually made her less able to function (she had Tardive Dyskinesia so bad she couldn't walk or talk).

@AlbertSchepis Thanks for the reply. I feel your pain.

Cats are just better than people.

SkagwayKim Level 7 Feb 12, 2022

My most wonderful Zoot Suit was killed a few months ago. My meds prevent me from crying tho I cried for 24 hours the day I returned his body to the cosmos. I can't look at any animal sites unless to donate money. I am sorry for your pain & I feel it also. Covid has left me with a dearth of pets. I am down to 1 parrot, 3 guinea pigs, 4 chickens & 1 dog. I may begin to take in insects as pets. PrEying mantis. Madagascar cockroach. Not very cuddly.

Mooolah Level 8 Feb 12, 2022

The more I know people, the more I hang with my cats.

Yeah. The "crazy cat ladies" aren't really crazy at all. People disappoint. Cats don't.

I feel the same way about my cats and my mother.

OldGoat43 Level 9 Feb 12, 2022
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 24

Photos 9,035 More

Posted by RobertNappi2Friday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Thursday morning cuteness

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaFriendly question.....

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness...

Posted by RobertNappi2Sunday morning cuteness...Mini me

Posted by KilltheskyfairyCats, my rotting support animals!

Posted by RobertNappi2Saturday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Friday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Wednesday morning cuteness...Team work

Posted by KilltheskyfairyPoster kitty!

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Sunday morning cuteness

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaReal men.....

Posted by BettyThis made me laugh. 🤣

• Top tags#cats #video #god #friends #world #dogs #religion #religious #hope #Friday #animals #reason #Atheist #kids #book #money #humans #sleep #hell #church #sex #loves #relationship #mother #parents #DonaldTrump #evidence #community #atheism #children #youtube #society #Bible #memes #truth #movies #fear #belief #pets #wife #coffee #Jesus #death #laws #faith #beliefs #Song #rescue #books #earth ...

Members 1,539Top