Agnostic.com
4 7

Blooming beautiful?

The front yard:

FrayedBear 9 Oct 30
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Keep it up!

Thanks. No guarantees. See my reply to Bobwjr below.

@FrayedBear A well-wish hope, then!

@MikeInBatonRouge thank you. I don't get many!

@MikeInBatonRouge This is however the second year that I've posted this scenario so hopefully it will appear again in about 12 months to brighten your northern encroaching winter drab.

@FrayedBear I at least have quite modest winter drab, as I am in frost zone 9a. Pretty mild winters, usually. My yard just a week or so ago: (I have no idea the why or how of this crazy site photo 90° twist. It seems random but more often than not.)

@MikeInBatonRouge lovely roses. Because I'm basically not allowed to plant in the ground most of mine is in tubs or pots. It also is very dry in heats of 40°+ C in summer. Roses do not do well for me - indeed anything needing regular watering. The roses can do well round here but not for or with me.

@MikeInBatonRouge Swivelling photos don't seem to happen from Android phones.

@FrayedBear Mine is an android phone. 🤔

@FrayedBear that is definitely hot for roses. Here it tends to stay in the mid-30s celcius for months. We can thank the humidity, which brings rain often to mitigate what otherwise would be scorching hot.

@MikeInBatonRouge do you edit & reduce file size before posting?

@FrayedBear No

@MikeInBatonRouge it may be the problem.

@FrayedBear I don't quite understand what process reduces file size. In the past I tried "pre-rotating" pics in the opposite direction before attaching it. But that only triggered rotation wrong in some other way, either upside down or counter-clockwise. Never upright.

@MikeInBatonRouge when you finish editing & save the photo you are given an option as to what size you save it as. For uploading I use the minimum size thus saving about 10 Mg. per photo uploaded.

Beautiful

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 31, 2021

Thanks Bob it's largely time, serendipity & a wet winter together with a move about 3 years ago to widely use weed cloth, overcrowd plants & do as little as possible. The pricklies by the gate are to encourage visitors to stay away.

Next to the Epiphyllum is this spiky evil:

Orchid cacti - WOW!

Epiphyllum

You are in Australia, right? So in the middle of your Springtime? Beautiful flowers. So much color and I love your Epiphyllum. Gorgeous!

RussRAB Level 8 Oct 30, 2021

Yes & yes.

Epiphyllum - only the first or second time that it has flowered for me. Obviously like being neglected or was it the fertiliser pellets that I gave about a month ago?

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 13

Photos 5,333 More

Posted by FrostyJim...as you Sow, So Shall you Reap

Posted by FrostyJimSurprise! Alaska has farm country too.

Posted by FrostyJimSurprise! Alaska has farm country too.

Posted by JolantaHappy hormones.

Posted by FernappleThe little woodland garden, is a symphony of blue, purple and white now. Hyacinth, Honesty, and Ornithogalum.

Posted by KateOahuThis morning I went to a class for making a terrarium with native plants at the Waikiki Community Center, which is about three blocks from where I live.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,521Top