Agnostic.com
7 12

My yellow poinciana tree after the storm.

MizJ 8 Nov 11
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That's a sad loss, sorry!

Be cut off the broken bits, it will survive.

Several neighbours' trees suffered similar fates - & we're hundreds of kilometres from the sea & supposedly thousands from cyclones & typhoons.

FrayedBear Level 9 Nov 11, 2022

Maybe straight line winds?

[en.wikipedia.org]

@MizJ heavy gales on a flat plain. One year about 5 years ago I was sitting in the lounge and heard a sound like riffling of a deck of cards. It was the wind lifting & blowing the tiles off the roof. It left a hole the size of a LandCruiser!

@MizJ Fortunately no rain.

@FrayedBear After hurricanes roofing tiles are found that don't resemble any on nearby houses, not very high tech.

@MizJ It is only recently that hurricane proof standards were applied in building codes & then only in areas traditionally having hurricanes. I do not live in an area recognised for hurricanes. Wind whirly gigs are not considered.
Roof tiles have been used for millenia.

@FrayedBear Tiles have been around forever, I have asphalt shingles.

@MizJ lol, are they modern?

After our devastating bushfires, the trees looked totally dead, today they are back greener than before. The forests will take decades to fully recover, Each month you see more and more growth.

Always love that regrowth on gum trees. For some reason it reminds me of something that I'm not enamoured with - pubic hair.

@FrayedBear he he he You could borrow Agros ( Jamie Dunn)bathmat, he has not used it in years.

@Kurtn don't know it. Send photo.

@FrayedBear Jamie Dunn referred to his hairpiece as the bathmat. Both his and his puppet Agro

@Kurtn thanks. Never into Agro. My bathmat is one of those from Kmart or St Vincent's - the knobbly soft cotton job.

It will grow back and flower more prolifically than before.

It all went sideways and topsy turvy.

BDair Level 8 Nov 11, 2022

That's what happens when something gets hit with a hurricane eyewall! I was less than 20 feet away in the garage.

She's naked.

glennlab Level 10 Nov 11, 2022

Next summer it will be covered in yellow flowers, just fewer of them.

@MizJ I've been through several hurricanes including some of the worst to hit the gulf coast. Recovery is much faster and much slower than we expect. Some plants come back with a vengence and others limp back I hope you only lose one season.

Sorry it loaded sideways!

MizJ Level 8 Nov 11, 2022
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 24

Photos 5,325 More

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

Posted by KilltheskyfairyI love all the information on the internet that makes me a better gardener…

Posted by Jaylo64Primative hydroponic system /an old shoe rack and coffee cans ! Cans above drip into the cans below !

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,507Top