Agnostic.com
4 15

New line of cereals coming out from Kelloggs next week.

Sierra4 8 Dec 11
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Redditors are spamming Kellogg's job portal in solidarity with its striking workers

[npr.org]

racocn8 Level 9 Dec 11, 2021

Candy for breakfast. The American way.

Mooolah Level 8 Dec 11, 2021

The cereals are about union busting. That is what Kelloggs is doing.

@Sierra4 And addicting the population to their product.

All guaranteed to lower your insulin, put you in sugar shock, and help you gain weight!

Robecology Level 9 Dec 11, 2021

And NOT union made.

@MsKathleen

Not Union Made? Maybe that’s not so bad?

We all read and heard about the decimation of unions. How companies like Amazon and Tesla are resisting them.

I say that this might be OK.

Look around your home.

So many of our things are made in China. That incense burner. That picture frame. The toaster. The outlet itself - all with tiny “made in China” labels.

Why?

In the 60’s we could sense it. Tiny Japanese cars. Then photo equipment. Everyone saying that the Japanese and Chinese made them better. Electronics. TV’s. Computers. All foreign made.

Then the wave of overseas manufacturing put more nails in the coffin. We heard that "they make them better, faster, and cheaper than American labor. And the laws let us make them overseas"

Then the stagnant minimum wage continued to make anyone new to business look overseas for manufacturing.

The Decline has been clear; American labor getting the shaft by more and more American manufacturers….while foreign labor standards go up.

As I said; maybe that’s not so bad?

Union_membership_in_us_1930-2010.png

@Robecology I do not buy anything that says “Made in China”. Even food, because I will not buy food that does not have country of origin on the packaging. I am a STRONG union supporter. I believe manufacturing needs to return to the US. I will NOT support the Republican agenda, which is “profit at any cost”.
Your image did not post.

@MsKathleen It just showed the steadily declining union membership in the U.S. since the middle of last century.

@Robecology you implied that “not union made” might be a good thing. I disagree. Unions were the first OSHA and the first EEO agency. The formal agencies whose job it is to protect workers have been weakened by Republican legislation. Union membership has been diminished by Republican lies and “Right to work” (which is ONLY the right to work for less). Unions protect PEOPLE from being exploited by CORPORATIONS. WE need more unions, not less.

@MsKathleen yes....I know the history of union accomplishments. They ended child labor. They improved rights for women and minorities. They got us many benefits...

But toward the end of last century the fat Union heads got fatter - the jobs went overseas - the minimum wage stagnated...and - well that brings us to today. I found that decline in membership graph....the people - tens of millions of Americans - have spoken...sorry!

@Robecology the jobs went overseas because of the greed of corporations and lack of import tax. The people of third world countries, children included, were/are exploited in order to improve profit margins. The PEOPLE have not spoken, corporations aided and abetted by the candidates to whom they contribute have “spoken”.

Here is a real commercial series that was voted as the world worst commercial. Mutated Mexician mice singing about Quiznos subway sandwiches.

Think they may of went bankrupt over it.

They were so sicko couldn't help laughing my head off every time they came on TV.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 35

Photos 77,336 More

Posted by michelle666garLove this movie!!!

Posted by backtobasicsThere may be an opening soon!

Posted by glennlabIn case there was ever any doubt

Posted by KilltheskyfairyStill more bear…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyI don’t understand why it hasn’t happened…

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #Bible #children #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #fear #wife #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,992Top

Moderators