Agnostic.com
5 6

What's changed since Columbine? Nothing. Police still refuse to enter the building of an active shooter incident, and shooters are still in control. Unless and until the shooter surrenders or kills himself, the attacks are sustained.

And here's an article not afraid to speak the ugly truths. Much like all things law enforcement in America, training/retraining, more money, etc., is not STOPPING school shootings or rampant gun violence. IT'S. NOT. WORKING!

[nytimes.com]

RANDOM FACTS:
27 School Shootings Have Happened This Far in 2022
[npr.org]

The U.S. has had 2,032 school shootings since 1970 and these numbers are increasing.

*948 school shootings have taken place since the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School in December 2012.**

Since the historic attack at Columbine High School in 1999, nearly 300,000 students have been on campus during a school shooting.
[sandyhookpromise.org]

SeaGreenEyez 9 June 8
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What changed since Columbine is that Americans no longer refer to the incident as "going postal". Used to be a surly joke because it only affected the USPS. Not so funny any longer. Mental illness is just one of our many epidemics plaguing America. Add easy access to guns & voila. Mass murder American style.

Mooolah Level 8 June 8, 2022

@SeaGreenEyez Hmm. This has been staring Congress in the face for much longer than I had realised.

I used to teach junior high students, but I got out of teaching and joined the military, where I received firearms training. I’m also a gun owner.

If I were teaching today, based on what I’ve seen and what I know about survival, I would keep a loaded firearm in my classroom. I’ll be damned if I’m gonna tell my students to hide under their desks and hope the shooter doesn’t come our way!

Sorry, but that’s how I feel.

@SeaGreenEyez Fair enough. But I would rather be a Spencer Stone (from the movie, The 15:17 to Paris) with nothing but a ballpoint pen waiting behind the classroom door to, with any luck, stab the shooter in the neck and let him bleed out, than to allow my students to be sacrificed.

This problem in our country is not going to be addressed, much less fixed, for many years, especially considering the current makeup of the Supreme Court. Those of us who have the training and understand how to use firearms often feel compelled to defend innocents against the onslaught of these ‘soft target’ assaults.

At this point in our history, I feel as if we have no choice. Yes, I am progressive in my ideals, but reality really bites!

@SeaGreenEyez “If I'm lucky I'll expat right on outta here.”

I wish you all the best.

Peace.

Welcome to the American Way of Death, aided and abetted by the NRA and the Rethuglican party.

anglophone Level 9 June 8, 2022

@SeaGreenEyez Agree with everything you’ve written here. I was wondering why your other post with the video of the teacher who survived was taken down?

@SeaGreenEyez Thank you for explaining this. 😉 I have seen other posts with the message “this post is no longer active/available and couldn’t understand if the admin, whoever that is, had taken them down for some reason. Tech is so confusing for me. 😳

We should contract with Boston Dynamics to make armed robots that will go into dangerous situations and 'neutralize' the shooter.

Mainly, we need cops that won't stand in the way of parents seeking to protect their children.

And we should be taxing the bejesus out of all guns and ammo.

The best way to pass anti-machine gun laws is to have a bunch of Black men march around with them.

racocn8 Level 9 June 8, 2022

All gross. I hate Republicans.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 19

Photos 507 More

Posted by ButtercupI doubt she said it buts it's cute.

Posted by Smurfing101

Posted by DruviusAh yes, modern America.

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by MoravianSad but true.

Posted by DruviusAlways loved this one.

Posted by TejasAnti trump pistol. Do you have mixed feelings about it?

Posted by TejasLook at this scary gun!

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

• Top tags#guns #NRA #video #laws #violence #guncontrol #massshooting #god #DonaldTrump #Police #world #children #religion #reason #Texas #hell #religious #friends #republicans #rights #death #vote #kids #Atheist #hope #USA #society #teachers #church #truth #florida #government #fear #money #belief #atheism #conservative #sex #parents #Christian #agnostic #earth #community #schools #culture #evidence #youtube #Christians #wife #murder ...

Members 918Top