Agnostic.com
10 6

I haven't been here for awhile,however, I have much on my mind.I recently had a person express the opinion that I talked far too much about my late partner,(she has been gone since Aug. 2018). This gave me pause to consider that maybe I had been, and,maybe I should let go. That promises to be a daunting proposition,and,will be challenging,but,I will give it a go.☹

WayneDalton 8 Oct 21
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That is tough for me being a widower to say. There are so many things that I did or learned from my late wife over 30 years. Sometimes I think divorces have it easier, then I read their profiles. I think of it like losing a leg. Sure, you are going to heal, but you will probably still limp forever.

Fartwink Level 5 Dec 26, 2020

If someone told me I talked about him too much, I don't think that person would stay in my life after. I will always keep his memory with me and with our children. He may not be alive but he is still their . My love for him hasn't diminished. Should I date again, that person will have to be damn comfortable with themselves. They will need to understand that I have room in my heart for more love but I will still always love him. It just is.

JustMe1005 Level 3 Dec 23, 2020

Or, maybe find a partner that is understanding of your loss, and wants to know everything about you, including her.

That's what single and divorced people do not understand about the widow/er ... we've lived entire lives.

No, you should never be made to feel as if you need to be quiet about anyone or anything in your life. If they make you feel that way, find someone else.

My condolences on your loss.

Blessings.

Don't let somebody else set the timetable for your healing.

Letting go is the goal but it takes longer for some than others. The death of your partner was a tragic event that is still going on with you. A true friend will be interested in what is going on with you and will sympathize. It would be helpful if your friend provided you with distractions like lunches out or day trips. Anything fun.

dare2dream Level 7 Oct 22, 2020

I lost my mom and dad 20 years ago and I still think about them, and miss them, and talk about and nobody is going to tell me that I shouldn't.. Or that I should let it go.. They are part of me.. So you hold on to the love and memories all you want... ☺

Thank you for your kind words

Everybody gets over any loss in their own way & time...that person was Wrong to tell you that!

AnneWimsey Level 9 Oct 21, 2020

Wayne, I totally agree with everyone else's views: move at your own pace. Grief affects every aspect of everything we do, and it takes a very long time to get through it all. What we're often faced with are people who are (lucky for them) unfamiliar with this type of loss and either equate it to the loss of a spouse through divorce, or believe it should follow a 5-step program they read about. But it's unique to each of us.

Lauren Level 8 Oct 21, 2020

Wayne you do what's right for you. Don't let anyone tell you any different. They don't know how you feel. After years with the same person we have memories of them. They were a major part of our lives and still are. In our memories.

freeofgod Level 8 Oct 21, 2020

Move at your own pace. Healing from the loss of someone you love is different for everyone. ❤️

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 41

Photos 138 More

Posted by bookofmoronsIts been 10 years last week since I lost her. Hard to believe where that time went and yet it isn't either

Posted by RedheadedgammyToday four years ago today, at 4:15 in the morning my darling Richard passed away.

Posted by BettyEvery day. 😥

Posted by RoseyRoseToday is the anniversary of my husbands birth.

Posted by GeorgeRocheleauI know how they feel.

Posted by Sonja44All of it.

Posted by Sonja44My love would have been 61 years old today. 💔

Posted by AlchemyWow, I am grateful to find this group.

Posted by AlchemyWow, I am grateful to find this group.

Posted by Huskygirl4everToday would be our 27th anniversary it's the seventh one without you and it hurts this picture would be taken on June 12th the original date we had set for the wedding but we had to get married a ...

Posted by Huskygirl4everI remember when Norm gave this to me and the first time I ever read it I actually read my last name as Friedrich this is one of the things I will always cherish

Posted by AncientNight45 years ago, my Father told me, "Beware the Ides of March!" It was the day I got Married to my Girlfriend.

Posted by KymmacgOne of the biggest issues for me, now, even 18 years later, is the loss of life.

Posted by alonI had a nice Bacon/Cheese Omelette for my Sunday Breakfast this morning instead of my usual Eggs Benedict.

Posted by MsHolidayMemories.

Posted by MsHolidayI have chosen to place this here to let others know that we do move forward.

• Top tags#wife #friends #grief #death #cancer #video #hope #relationship #world #kids #memories #reason #widow #marriage #god #religion #weddings #children #Song #dogs #book #DonaldTrump #holiday #Christmas #parents #sleep #church #dream #religious #poetry #hospital #Friday #funeral #sex #lonely #hello #advice #coffee #dying #soul #humans #college #rain #dance #siblings #movies #faith #money #youtube #Present ...

Members 273Top

Moderators