Fanilo is a Barry Manilow fan.

• 9 votes
  • 17 votes
  • 9 votes
  • 10 votes
  • 4 votes
paul1967 8 June 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Can't Smile Without You, Ships, Somewhere in the Night... my favourite Barry Manilow songs 🙂 mum used to play them when I was a little girl

My second daughter is named Mandy.

Because of the song?

Barry always seems to come out on drunken Karaoke nights...and it's always great!

Neil shows up on those occasions as well!

I've seen him many times, waited on him a couple. He's really very quiet. Without knowing who he is, you'd never guess him to be the kind of person to get up and entertain anywhere, let alone huge audiences.

Haven't ever seen him perform in person though. Was the same for Sinatra.

He's one of those pop artists I grew up with in the 70s and 80s. I saw him in Vegas a few years back and the man can still perform. Another one I think is a lot of fun to watch is Tom Jones.

OK, it has nothing to do with Barry Manilow, but it does mention Tom Jones. I heard it today and it made me laugh, so sharing... ?

@AdorkableMe LOL! Ok, that was Hi-LARIOUS. Thanks!

@AdorkableMe, LOLOLOL! did cry tears of hilarity - does that count?

@walklightly yes, totally counts! Lol

@walklightly, @IAMGROOT you are very welcome. Glad you enjoyed!

Meh....

The dude is the poster child for bland. He should compose a commercial jingle and become the spokesperson for rice cakes.

I didn't vote. There was no "utterly and completely indifferent" option available. How can one possibly love OR hate someone who churns out material which is so perfectly middling and unremarkable in any way?

Never liked his songs.

i like him... he 'fires it up' on the stage 😉

I couldn't think of any Barry Manilow songs, so I looked up some and listened on Youtube. I got to Copacabana and the song seemed familiar, then I realized I know the vocal melody of that song because Weird Al parodied it. But I've honestly never listened to any of his songs.

I've loved Barry since I was little, thanks to my mom's rabid fandom. I also love the episode of "Will & Grace" where I first heard the term "Fanilow."

dkp93 Level 8 June 6, 2018

I think I’m the odd ball out... in the posts you all are at worst ok with Barry Manilow ... well, I am not a fan ... it’s a not even at gunpoint thing... he is clearly talented but if I had to listen on a car trip I’d be looking for a cliff to drive off. My sister played I Write The Somgs on the piano so much when we were kids I almost had a seizure. But I think you are all wonderful people even if you like Barry, lol

i loathe his kind of pseudo-emotional crap!

Damn you! It's 7:30 am I sipping my coffee and reading your post and I laughed so hard coffee shot out my nose. Do you understand how painful that is lol

a major bore.

I love singing along to his music ? ?

I am not a fan out of dispreference, not dislike, but when I skim through his music, I notice that he has a nice vocal smoothness in some songs.

I read his biography in high school, it was a small novel, and that qualified for my novel class, I am not a fast reader, I have sped up my reading a little bit since then, but at the time of my novel class, I had to read like five novels by the end of the semester. His big break was when he got play his piano for Beth Middler's performances.

I loved him in the 70's but my taste changed.

Please that guy makes me wanna puke..

LMAO

If you would have asked me what I wanted to be when I was five year old it was Barry Manilow. It's terribly funny and embarrassing now because it was absolutely the truth. Side note: I sound exactly like Johnny Cash when I sing.

I'm not a fan, but I think he's talented.

Hilarious. Thank you for the interlude.

That made me laugh.

Your's is definitely better.

Loved it!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:100652
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.