Agnostic.com

30 3

Tattoos??

Fun time... How many tattoos do you have? Where and what are they?

k8emm 4 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have them from head to toe and mostly skulls.

I have no tattoos, nor am I fond of then in general, but I'd totally get one if I had a disfiguring scar. I'd try to do something creative to mask an especially ugly scar. One of the coolest tattoos I've ever seen was someone who had a broken arm and along the scar he had a pictoral representation of the bone and the screws that had been added to set the bone. That's the sort of thing I'd like to do.

I have several, most cover scars......i make ugly raised scars, not keloids but wow. Nobody can see them except if I wear sleeveless clothes. After the shoulder replacement, I Could Not Believe how many random strangers (in line at Wal-Mart, at a table in McD's with grandkids, etc etc) felt free to approach and ask, " Where'd you get that ugly/awful/huge scar?". Correct answer: Putting your nosey ass in the hospital, but I was polite instead. Now nobody says anything but "pretty tattoo" (hummingbird/morning glories). I think Medicare should pay for it, peace is priceless!

Not a one and no desire to get one. Both my daughters have several.

I've never understood why anyone would want a tattoo. I've had friends tell why they got theirs, but their reasons never make any sense to me. It has gotten so prevalent that I feel like I'm the last person who doesn't like them. To me it's refreshing to see someone at the beach or elsewhere with no tats.

Glad you described that ..now I don’t have to 🙂

Don’t have any, but I used to want to get a tattoo of red roses and thorns tattooed on my shoulder. Just always had this slight fear from contracting AIDS from a dirty needle lol. I know it’s pathetic.

May I say, please don’t.. So proud of my daughters, young adults and free of life-long ink... Distinguish yourself by your deeds, your personality - your intelligence ~

9 total mostly old heathen symbols. Ægishjálm (norse helm of Awe) on the joint of my right shoulder,
Vegvísir ( Norse compass) joint of left shoulder. Triskelion and trinity over laid right upper arm.Inverted anarchy crumbling left upper arm. My sons name in Ogham down rib cage right side, Dark Angel across back with pentacle separating in memory of a friend. Crescent moon on each wrist (pic of each wrist) and triple goddess moons on back at spine/neck joint only the moons on my wrists are visble when wearing short sleeves. currently planning work on an Ouroboros for my left forearm as well as Papa Legba's Veve just not sure where i'm gonna place it yet. I like old symbols and it plays on superstitions people have when out and about seeing them.

I do not have any ,but contemplated getting one .Tattoos can be very attractive until a person gets to many of them, and when they are so close together you can not make out a distinctive image .Some people are obsessed with tattoos and don’t know when to stop.Tattoos can be sexy on a woman as long as they don’t over do it.

Contemplating getting my first for my 60th birthday.. researching tree designs

I have one, and have been considering a second. I got my first tat post divorce.

Why would anyone , especially someone who's young and had lovely youthful unblemished skin, want to mark it with ink ? In many cases I think it's a mark of narcissim. Hey everyone. Look at ME and my tatts. I've made myself unique (and special) I suppose that's not always the case but for me they are an enathema that belong to the criminal world and gangs. I can understand it being a traditional tribal thing like the New Zealand Maories. But I'm amused by some white males who have tribal like tattoos. I bet , in a narcisstic sort of way. they think they're some sort of big shot warrior. There, I've had my rant for to day.

whats wrong with being different? I'm not a gang member and I don't take drugs. I think you watch too many movies and have a very nieve outlook on tattoos.

@LeighShelton The problem is, it’s no longer being ‘different,’ it’s following a trend..

mine are not as I have had them ages so I am the real deal and a victim of fashion.

i got in trouble because i don't have any. im not fittin' in with the pirates and thugs! yarrr! Im too beautiful to get scribbled on, ye swabs!

But for real, it has been sort of strange in the past, not having any and being with someone that has a lot. You feel like a plucked chicken.

You're what they'd call a 'clean skin' There are so many tattooed people about these days it's nice to see the occasional 'clean skin' My step daughter's cousin turned up with a new boy friend and they stayed over the Xmas period. And surprise ! He was a 'clean skin' however , the step daughter show up today with her new boyfriend and he was 'graffitii on legs' He seems to be a nice bloke though a bit mancho. It's just that I can't bring myself to look at him too much. At least he doesn't have tattoos on his face thank Dog !

I don't have any, and don't want any.

I’ve the lifelong image of my uncle’s distorted ‘navy anchor’ tattoo, and suspect it had once looked better, to someone... Now days doing all I can to maintain muscle mass & tone, I’d hate to imagine what some tat would look like if I lost that battle..

@Varn lol

I have 34 tattoos now!
My entire left sleeve is for my late brother. A portrait of him, and all things that remind me of him. I have an upside down tree my back with “Honor Your Truth” written at the top. On my right sleeve I have a rose on my shoulder, a coffee cup on my forearm that says “death before decaf”, and my moms birthday on my wrist. I have my stomach done, and a few on each leg, and one behind each ear. I also have my knuckles and my left hand done. I love tattoo therapy!

I have none. I've often thought about getting one though. I just can't figure out what I want to look at for the rest of my life.

Duke Level 8 Dec 24, 2017

Don't see the point. (Well, I guess you wouldn't see the point if the needle were being jabbed in your back, but you know what I mean.)

At last count I have 15, and none of them are small. I would have more, but there's this little thing called money....... I don't have it.

I also used to have 10 piercings (none in my ears), but all had to come out when I had open heart surgery. I never found the time or energy to put them back in.

Seven, and I'm already making plans for another. Two different versions of a triskellion (I hope I spelled that correctly), one pair of cat eyes, a Norse flag, the Lorax, the green man (Cernunos), and Odin.

Have one. On my left forearm... It's atheist symbol.

I have two, gettimg another in January and another shortly after. A tat on each ankle, then the last two on each wrist.

I have 2 tattoos. A rose on my wrist and a butterfly on my shoulder.

No.

I have a good number N want
more

Several of them, and they all mean something different to me (which is why I chose them). My tattoos all have special meaning to me dinosaur game, whether it's the Chinese character that sounds like the first four letters of my given name (Chan is the first four letters of a much longer name for which I've never forgiven my parents), a tribute to my time in the Navy, a representation of my two favorite things (coffee and cigars), or something else entirely. In my profile, you can see a small sampling of the tattoos I've gotten.

I got two small diggy tattoos when I was in college, that was my rebellious time. It's right on my arm, I love it.

I don't have tattoos, actually I find them quite interesting and some of them I really like, fnf but I'm afraid of pain so I won't get one.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10178
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.