Agnostic.com

17 3

What benefit do you bring to the group when you hang out with friends?

AmiSue 8 June 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Usually insight and the willingness to listen. Sometimes it is ironic humor, dry wit, or some obtuse esoteric piece of information that no one has heard about before and doesn't really care about. This all means that my friends prefer the quiet introspective me that shows up at times.

I used to be counted on as the guy who was rational and not wild when the party got going. Think of Hank Hill from King of the Hill. That was me, the designated driver.

My sense of humor and sparkling personality.

Uhm... I... don't know. Erh... a willingness to look up the answer to the inevitable random questions that come up? Oh, and I'm usually the one who drives us to wherever we're going... Iiiiieeeee... I got nothin.

I usually bring the wine. Sometimes..... pie!!
🙂

Being a friend! What greater benefit could there be?

I am the sunshine. ?
My fantastic fruit salads. ?
Fabulous conversations. ?

ME.

@AmiSue I am the only ME on this planet (and most likely in the universe) so that does make me unique (as it does you).

I am always doing all the cooking and hosting....and I have a crazy memory for trivia and other information about a wide variety of topics so sometimes they treat me like a walking "wikipedia"....but mostly everyone wants me to proofread/edit their reports, letters, research, etc.

Fun fact: I made ton of money in college writing research papers for people for $25 to $50 a page with a guarantee of a B+ or better or full refund. I never had to give anyone their money back.

My friends would have to tell you.

I bring the beer.

Duke Level 8 June 13, 2018

I have all the answers. =0}

I usually bring mixed nuts.

@AmiSue should I ever have the opportunity I'll bring something else. a big bag of nonsense would be good.

I don't even remember, I haven't hung out with a group of friends in maybe two years.

I am the non-drinker. And still able to do drunk stuff. Back in the 90's during the tail hunting days in Crete, I was called by some the "Pope" by my ability to communicate with foreigners and strangers, my expanded database about the world from art history and architecture to communism and musical taste. To others I was NightHawk. All nighter type. I was ruthless but effectjve. I could write "love letters". I can listen to any type of music except rap or hip hop. I could dance anything. I can stay up all night. The group will find use for me. Errr... you didn't said nothing about orgies right?

i bring no benefit, i am an introvert with social anxiety, you wouldn‘t find me in many group settings for very long...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:105181
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.