Agnostic.com

40 5

What's the worst purchase that you have ever made?

I bought one of those rechargeable spin brush things to use on my shower. It runs out of charge long before I'm finished. Wish I hadn't done it.

tioteo 8 June 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

40 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Marriage certificate or subscription to Starz. Bit of a toss up...

A marriage license.

I bought a swivel head for my kitchen sink but apparently my faucet has some odd thread and it didn't fit. A year later I forgot and did it again. Duhhh!

My car. Transmission went bad two days after I bought it.

My wedding ring

An engagement ring. It cost me about two months pay when I was in the Army and brought me nothing but aggravation. It must have been a cursed diamond.

JimG Level 8 June 16, 2018

When I think something is vegan, buy it and read the label more closely when I get home only to find out I’m not going to eat it. Granola fooled me... Why would they put dairy in granola? Oh and my marriage liscence was also not a good purchase.

Three diamond rings in my lifetime...

godef Level 7 June 16, 2018

Anything that wasn't blow, weed, or hookers

I’ve never purchased blow or hookers but I would say the weed has all been worth it🙂

A PT Cruiser

lottery ticket.

Does a wedding ring count?

ipdg77 Level 8 June 16, 2018

My house.Nothing wrong with it, I am just not able to sell it and move.

@RapidCityKelly It's not looking good. Glut of houses on the market here and no buyers.

I've made lots of bad purchases over the years, but I'd say the Cat Genie is the worst. And I bought 2! IThey were about $300 each! Almost everyone hates cleaning their litter box. It took a long time for my cats to use it. Then it started to not drain. This causes several problems. When clogged, the water didn't drain. After the cats did use it, they jumped in and didn't like the water! What's worse is if you don't like cleaning a litter box, wait till you have to unclog a line! That is nasty! You need to use their granuls, and disinfeccant. These are things you can't find in stores. You need to order them online. If the solution is out, it will constantly beep at you at all hours of the night! Okay I'm up, lemme go to the store. Wait... I can't get that at a store! Both were under warranty, but both were declined. I bought both on AMazon. I read the reviews. Had like a 4 star review. So I bought. Know what the WORST thing about this product is? When it clears, then it dries off the cat litter with a blow dryer. Ever smell burnt cat shit? Iake a cat turd and put a blow dryer by it for 20 minutes! Takes forever to get that smell out of your house!

Heh! Thanks for the warning. I was unlikely to buy one, as I have heard that a lot of cats hate automatic litter boxes. Now that you mention it, I have never seen Eau de Blow-Dried Cat Turd offered anywhere.

@ailurophile Are you sure Gordon Ramsy wouldn't put that on his menu?

@TheGreatShadow Well, if he offers perfume on his menu, sure...

A Motorola smartphone. It wouldn't let me save my phone numbers in my phone book. Instead it insisted on saving them on a Google server. I sent it back.

My husband bought me a new car as a birthday surprise. I don't like it at all... I am grateful though but I loved my old car.

Ryksie Level 6 June 16, 2018

Razors from Dollar Tree

Batteries from the dollar store!

My Volvo, 5 cylinder Limosine. Brake failure $1,.200 Electric door opening, $ 600 not fixeable.
1 Engine mount $1,200 need more but not available, engine shakes, Battery always flat due to 500 MA leakage with everything turned off.I built a battery isolator to turn the battery on and off when the car was parked.I could not afford to have this attended to. Turning indicator lights, intermittant, I needed to violently swing the lever to make it work, speed auto conrol, $ 600, timing belt $ 1200,............ My conscience would not let me sell it, so I finally dumped the car to the wreckers,who paid me nothing ! they re registered it and now drive around in it !!! [ life could be so short for the thieving bastards !] Great engine, no problem there.I now have a delightful Mazda Demio 1330 cc, Brilliant car, everything works, I cannot get used to this, and the fuel economy is exceptional........sleep baby sleep.!

madmac Level 7 June 16, 2018

I forgot about the failed car computer, another $1000,,,,,

Paying for Adobe Creative Cloud.

Is it necessary to work with, or can someone just use CS3 or something?

@DZhukovin yeah you can, I use Gimp, Krita, Inkscape. All of them are open source.

I bought the American way, which is a money pit.

EdEarl Level 8 June 16, 2018

ty @Sheannutt

Marriage license

a brand new truck.

I just want to put in my two cents here. I've seen quite a few comments about the worst thing purchased being a marriage license. I can understand how in retrospect you may feel that way but when you did I'm fairly sure you were in love. Hopefully you had a time where it was good. I've been married three times but there was a lesson to be learned each time. Maybe I'm just far enough away from it not to be bitter and I bet more than a few of you have a right to be bitter. But until you turn the page on your life story it will continue to haunt you. It is possible I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. ? This is just my opinion and I wanted to express it. ?

A mid 60's VW Baja.

A Ford Taurus.... I HATED that car and was stuck with it for six years, cause it had no trade in value.

Kipper Level 4 June 16, 2018

Face brush doesn't work, Pet nail sander-my dog won't let it near her, my car-never ever 7 years financing for a new car again! Refinancing my home due to pressure from my ex significant other.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:108057
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.