Agnostic.com

31 7

So...What are you doing for Father's Day today?

Are you enjoying today? Because you deserve it! Happy Father's Day to all the selfless Dads out there who sacrifice to keep their kids healthy and happy! I hope you have fun!

SukiSue 8 June 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I had my youngest daughter with me, she's 11, my eldest and I have contact difficulties due to my ex (their mother) but having said that I got a card and pressy from my eldest and also got a CD, chocolate x2 and a tin of biscuits. My youngest made me pancakes for breakfast. So all in all pretty cool 🙂

ipdg77 Level 8 June 17, 2018

Sitting alone eating steak, bacon and (homemade) bread in my underwear and browsing this site. Just normal stuff.

I loved him but my Dad is long passed. ❤

Well, eating steak and bacon in his underwear is something my Dad used to actually do! So in a way...you are doing Dad stuff!

I had Father’s Day brunch with my dad and the rest of my family yesterday.

I was seriously contemplating either texting or putting something on my ex’s Facebook to wish him a happy Father’s Day. But then thought, he didn’t acknowledge me on mother’s day, then thought I was just being petty. This morning I remembered that he not only didn’t acknowledge me, but he also cooked a big supper for the kids so I didn’t even have them all day. So now I’m back to being petty and not wishing him a good day.

That's awful and happens so often! ...and you were still nice enough to think of him. That speaks volumes!

@SukiSue I’m still feeling guilty for not saying anything. Dumb

Not dumb Marcie. you are KIND. 🙂

@SukiSue thank you. Hopefully some day someone will appreciate that

I'm having a normal Sunday and thinking about a nap. I have no idea if the kids are doing anything with their dad. I no longer have to be involved in that. And my dad has been gone for a long time.

I observed Father's Day yesterday by visiting my maternal grandfather in the nursing home , shopping , and then dropping by the graves of some of my relatives .

Nice of you to remember them all!

I phoned my son and we had a natter which is amazing as he is usually so busy that I don't even get him - He was in good form.

jacpod Level 8 June 17, 2018

I can understand that! Mine is also busy!

Just calling dad later on. My kids do not realize it is fathers day to me it is just another day.

azzow2 Level 9 June 17, 2018

Enjoying being child free. Paying homage to the great and wonderful vasectomy God!!

Working late...30 min with the kids. Sucks.

Why do people take it for granted that most fathers are selfless. As far as I have seen a lot are not, they are plenty or deadbeat dads around too.

You are absolutely right! We'll reserve this post for just the selfless ones!

@NotAndrew No I am not but my father was a deadbeat dad, and I know plenty of others who are not involved with their children at all.

@NotAndrew But when you have been that hurt, stuff comes out! I get it! I really do!

@NotAndrew True.

Today, Father's Day, I have returned home from Portland, O. after visiting with two of my sons and the grandkids. I have walked my dog, watered newly planted shrubs and going done a little grocery shopping. I am planning on rehearsing some music for an upcoming show in which I am performing.

I went to see Slayer with my boys, one physically, one only in our hearts and memories.

Bet it was fun! So sorry about your boy. 😟

Where this site is concerned, communing with spirits. Some G&T, a little beer. . .

Thanks man.

Enjoying not being a father ( I can't wait to have children)!!!!!

Just hanging with my little ones.

They are so cute!

I served 21 years in the Navy.Travelled a good part of globe, so I participate just in case I am. Never had kids of my own, much to my dismay.

Lunch with my son and daughter in law, mother and sister and brother in law and their son and his girl friend! a heck of a run on sentence!

BillF Level 7 June 17, 2018

lol... It is!

My dad passed away 9 years ago and this is the first time I’m not honoring him. A lot of bad things that he’s done has come out and I’m conflicted about the Dad I knew growing up.

Oh no! Sorry for that!

@SukiSue Thanks. It’s been hard.

😟

Went kayaking with my lovely daughter, and did some yard work.

Great picture!

Not much. My dog bought me a 6 pack. We are chillin.

Cool dog!

He's the best. I have a bar on my block. I'm teaching him to fetch beer from there. It's coming along nicely.

My kids and my ex wife are coming over for dinner. Other than that, staying out of the heat.

Calling my dad to remind him he should've talked my mom into an abortion

Glad he didn't!

Not missing my dead father.

working yayyy!!

Only yay if you really love what you do!

@SukiSue well..eeeeehhhhh!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:109196
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.