Agnostic.com

21 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If I am not mistaken, this has already been decided by the SCOTUS. Of course with the new conservative scotus, it could be overturned quickly.

They don't care.

So, in other words...

1. She's another christian idiot who doesn't know or understand how prayer already works in public schools.

2. She is intentionally pandering to her christian constituents who think the bible is real and all that crap.

3. Both are true.

You nailed it.

These people shouldn't be allowed to breed, let alone serve as public officials.

I want tar and Feathering back in Washington DC

Sounds like going back in time to segregation, religious intolerance and creatism.Does this women realize its 2018. Misssissippians vote her out.

In other words, he does not give a damn about the US Constitution.

None of their ilk gives a damn about the constitution or the laws of this country. They want to make biblical law the law of the land (whatever the hell that even means).
If there were robots that enforced biblical law, no one would feel safe in their own homes.

Government out and religion in. Nope nope nope

But not Muslim prayer. Or Buddhist chanting.

This is indoctrination. It needs fighting.

Then I put forth the same arguement I always have, if you want to allow Christian prayer in school, you have to allow Muslim prayers, meditating, time to thank the Earth, and whatever dieties that other kids believe in.

Leo716 Level 6 June 20, 2018

I can’t stand this. I’ve been with groups of Christians who think this will honestly ‘heal the world.’

This also alienates the other kids of different faiths and non-faiths.

Americans United for Separation of Church and State!

In my childhood I was often told 'I want' doesn't 'get'!

jacpod Level 8 June 20, 2018

I get so tired of this. This will not happen...the topic is moot. What a waste of time.

Haha. Good luck with that one.

Eric84 Level 4 June 20, 2018

This primary already took place. "Bitzi" finished 6th of 6.

those who push their faith on everyone has less faith then those who do not feel the need to do so! Also its all superstition anyways.

Sure, that won't violate the constitution.

Might be nice to have time allocated for meditation breaks. No one cares what goes on in your head when you’re sitting quietly. Of course, that’s as opposed to mandatory prayer of a specific religion.

Elementary school children doing ''meditation?" I don't think so.

[cnn.com]

The Southern Baptist Convention (about 15 M voters) are being guided away from the Republican party, since a recent change in leadership. Republicans have gotten many religious voters because of their stand on abortion. Now they are trying to keep their voters by raising another 'religious' issue.

EdEarl Level 8 June 20, 2018

This about sums it up for me: [bing.com]

More nonsense....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:111602
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.