Agnostic.com

13 5

What Do you Think About Monday's?

Happy Monday Everyone!

Speaking of Monday's,
this day is often viewed as the roughest or worst day of the
week by many, perhaps because its the beginning of the week.

From my perspective, extraordinary things at work tend to go wrong on Monday's.

What do you think about this Monday Myth?
Have you had some memorable Mondays?
Perhaps Monday is just like any other day
of the week.
What Do You Think?

• 8 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 24 votes
twshield 8 June 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Are we strictly adhering to Monday the calendar day or Monday the social archetype representing the first day of a period of workdays? If the former: time is relative see answer 2

If the latter, depends on the industry but coming back to work after time off is a lot like waking up, people are groggy and need to reacclimate. So the social expectation of a 9-5 Monday to Friday centric schedules equates to a lot of grumpy people on Monday.

Since, I work with the public it's right in the middle of my work week. Most people that have a problem with it are white collar workers who get every weekend off.

I don't have Mondays. I just have days.

This is 2018. We have a gig economy now. so date/time/?

I don't have any problems with any of the days of the week. But, because of my education and that my learning caused me to really like Odin, Wednesday is his day. I still sometimes think about that naming convention.

@twshield Yes, I should have added that in the old Germanic mythology that Odin was known in Old English as Wōde.

@twshield Yes!

@twshield Yes, it is! Also, Friday is named after Frigg who was Odin's wife!

@twshield Here is the wiki reading on it: [en.wikipedia.org] 🙂

@gsiamne So Odin is blue ?

I love Mondays. I work three days (12 hours). I work Sat., Sun., and Mon. every week.

I work weekends and have Monday and Tuesday off. Weird things seem to happen to me on Thursdays (the day of the week when I was born - anybody else have a correlation with that?). When everybody else is dreading Monday, I'm looking forward to it.

@twshield because all those TGIF memes don't apply to me - yes I will!

I love mondays.

@twshield everydays Saturday when your retired...lol.

Because my sleep clock gets skewed super easily over the weekend, most Mondays start with little to no sleep which makes them dangerous for me and those around me.

My goal on Monday: make it to 5PM without breaking anything.

Zster Level 8 June 25, 2018

Since my transition out of the workforce, Mondays are a day to which I look forward. All the weekend crowds are back at work, and I am free to pursue my public agenda at a more leisurely pace, undisturbed by the throngs moving quickly to finish their objectives before the week forces them back to work. I actually did enjoy most of the things I did for a buck, and I really didn't mind Mondays. But this is much, much better.

zeuser Level 9 June 25, 2018

Thanks! This makes me even more eager for retirement!

I enjoy being retired !

I agree about the crowds. Normally I work weekends and have Monday and Tuesday off and its so much better. I recently took off a weekend and went shopping - not in a hurry to do it again! The crowds, the crazies, the crying kids! I would rather work the weekends and avoid the sweaty throngs.

I voted that Monday was just another day, and it is. I think Mondays suck simply because they are the beginning of the work week. If I LOVED my job and came to it each day chomping at the bit I'd have a different attitude. I think most folks are in my boat. I know very few people who do their passion for a living.

I wanna shoot... ooo ooo ooooo oo-woo ooo... the whole day down.

@twshield

The Boomtown Rats said it best.

Monday's what?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:115295
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.