Agnostic.com

19 3

Wasted days and nights

Is doing nothing a waste of your time?

Shazbott68 5 June 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I "do nothing" every Sunday and often on Saturdays during the day. Of course, all bets are off when I'm doing a play. I take my solitary time to recharge, or sometimes to recover. ?

I try to spend at least two days a week doing "nothing"...in reality, I am doing something, just not anything super productive or contributory to anyone except myself...I don't consider it a waste of time at all...packing my days full of crap are long behind me now...lol

I think of its kept in balance with getting things done, no. If you never do anything productive, you're lazy.

It's all just part of the journey to me.

No. Life has no meaning.

It's only a waste of life if someone didn't do what they wanted to do.

But if someone enjoyed doing absolutely nothing, that would be its own type of fulfilment.

Retired, I earned my right to waste time as I feel I do.

Freddy Fender?

If you enjoy doing nothing then it's worth it.

Nope. 😀

Sometimes it is, sometimes it's necessary.

No, unless I do nothing all the time then it is a problem. I personally need to kick back and veg out once in a while in order to recharge

“Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.”

If I'm doing nothing, it gives me the freedom to stop what I'm doing and do something else.

Not really. Doing nothing sometimes means at least I'm not doing something stupid. That is a positive.

Only if YOU think it is.

Being idle is not being in a position of doing nothing, being idle is being in a position to do ANYTHING.

Nope. It's a healthy habit.

No. Taking a nap, reading an interesting book, taking a walk, doing meditation, etc are some of the best things you can do.

It is something to savor!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:119398
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.