Agnostic.com

24 0

Do you believe in law of attraction?

Is there someone who believe in law of attraction? The law of attraction say you can attract something if you can have a vision and feelings about it, whether it's about a life partner or career or something else and keep it in your mind long enough.
What is your opinion? Could you give any example in your life?

Sensiwoman7 6 June 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"I do believe in fairies! I DO believe in fairies!" (closes eyes)

@MrLizard
Very funny!

No. Coincidences happen and then irrational minds attribute them to ethereal forces that they wish were real.

No, it doesn’t. Sometimes, no matter how bad you want it, think about it, try to attract it: wishing just can’t make it so. It’s a fairy tale, like prayer. If you pray and it ‘works’: coincidence.

I'd say it's a load of bollocks!

Pete66 Level 6 June 30, 2018

It's crap.

cava Level 7 June 30, 2018

I do believe in it very strongly. I tried it many times and found that it works wonders!

@JustKip hmmm I'll have a look at it

Nope. It's hokum. Bunk. Snake oil.

While meditating on the wellness and happiness of a person that I did not know, after some time the person approached me with friendship.

that's a lovely coincidence

No, I don’t.

If I have 2 magnets and I hold the negative attracting force close to the positive attracting force I believe they will be attracted to each other.

azzow2 Level 9 June 30, 2018

Nope. It’s all wishful thinking.

UUNJ Level 8 June 30, 2018

No. But it sure is a beautiful notion.

I believe that's the distance squared law. Or cube. Something like that. Sir Isaac Newton.

You mean the inverse square law?
[en.wikipedia.org]

I'm to ignorant on the subject to have a valid answer.

Haha ok

Not in the slightest. But I do believe in self-fulfilling prophecy and people's ability to convince themselves of the most amazing things, by virtue of selectively paying attention.

I find the Law of Attraction vile--yet another 'blame the victim' ideology. Did you get attacked? Well, you attracted that. Are you having trouble paying rent and about to be throw out of your house? Well, you attracted that.

LoA has NO compassion, and in fact, encourages us to avoid those who are suffering. It's just another version of the Evangelical's Prosperity Doctrine... warmed over for New Age groups who no longer believe in the Devil, so call it Ego. Who still believe in God but can't call it that anymore.

I agree. You put that very well. I think it dangerous. Vulnerable people are risk of blaming themselves just because they didn't 'believe enough'. Sounds familiar

Must be one of the many laws I keep breaking.

LOL!
Of course it works.
For everyone.
All the time.
Sadly, it brings both bad and good, depending on what people are able to envision for themselves, hence the saying of the rich getting richer even if they suffer a major setback, and the poor staying poor, even if they win the lottery.

We are co-creators of our own universe..making our own reality.

“Consciousness is fundamental and matter is derived from consciousness." – Max Planck, theoretical physicist who originated quantum theory, 1918 Nobel Prize in Physics

If the laws of attraction are written, the books would fill a library!

jj665 Level 4 June 30, 2018

I definitely believe in it. Whatever I focus on runs the other way screaming. 🙂

Interesting. I didn’t know a whole lot about it before reading this and the comments. People have a good point about confirmation bias and self fulfilling prophecy. At the same time though hypnosis does work on some and you could probably use “the law of attraction” to attract some people through suggestion.

Nope. My experience of myself and those iI observe is that we all have people we would like to be attracted to, but mos of us end up with someone else whom we didn't really ever expect to be attracted to.

It also says acting according to those visions and beliefs as if it already is in order to attract it. You would be amazed at how many act differently or even completely opposite to their vision and feelings.

It also requires a person to be able to see honestly what is going on around them. Many turn a blind eye or assume things that may or may not be related.

AmyLF Level 7 July 1, 2018

No, too new-agey for me. It's not enough to believe, you also have to act. But they don't really talk about how to do that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:119433
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.