Agnostic.com

31 5

Do you like to fly?

I really enjoy to fly.. anywhere. I like to rise up on the ground and imagine as I run through to the clouds. That's seems like freedom. When I turn my eyes on to the earth I can realize how insignificant the people are, I am.. However as unimportant as I am I realized I have to do something good in this world.
What are your feelings when you fly?

Sensiwoman7 6 July 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not in the least, especially since our friendly shoe bomber inflicted the TSA on the flying public. Love the idea of getting away... in fact, I'm planning a meandering (3/4 wk) cross country road trip, from AZ east, with stops in NM, TX, FL, MD, PA, and NJ, not necessarily in that order. Not sure if return will be a northern route, could be 5/6k miles, which is usually my total annual mileage.

Tomas Level 7 July 1, 2018

Overall flying is fun but it really depends on the aircraft. Sitting middle seats in a 747 is like sitting in the middle of a flat movie theater without a screen. Helicopters are fun unless it is a really warm day then the thermal updrafts make them bob up and down like a carnival ride. The C-130 is nice and smooth and most jet airlines are smooth and it is fun looking down at the clouds or the landscape on a cloudless flights. The smaller prop driven aircraft are slow but during storms can make for a fun ride. Balloons are a completely different flying expereince. Kind of like standing in a basked on top an invisible building with no wind. Although flying is fun, I really hate airports as I have been stranded in a few.

I hate flying, the lines, the crowds, the uncomfortable seats, the long drive to the airport, dealing with checked bags or carryon, everything! EXCEPT, it gets me safely to where I need to be.

Ohh

I don't mind flying, it gets me there faster. However, if the airplane is too crowded or too long I tend to get a bit claustrophobic. Too many other people breathing the same air. Small town airports are interesting. If you ever have a chance to fly into Grand Island, NE you think you're going to crash in a corn field and then the runway appears like magic!!

I didn't fly in Grand Island yet

Once cruising altitude is reached, my thoughts tend to be 'Damn! I slept through another meal!' After take off (which I love), I can't keep my eyes open unless flying over indescribable scenery. In the past, my feelings have always been peaceful until the flights started going over the east coast. I can literally feel the angst and aggression in the air.

As a means to visit someplace or someone interesting yes, but that's about it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:120187
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.