Agnostic.com

57 3

So atheist or agnostic men don't shave, huh?

WynnHorton 5 Jan 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

57 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Shave what/where? Need to be specific these days!

We like to stroke our beards while pondering deep thoughts.

Lol...

The renamed them "beards"?

How can I like more than once?!

Some men grow beards, and others marry them. (Kidding, just kidding...) 😉

I started growing my beard long well before it was a trend. It kind of bothered me that it became so popular, because it made it seem as though I were jumping on the bandwagon. [grumble, grumble]

I had a beard until I joined the military. I grew it back roughly 30 years later.

It's a negotiable for me: If my baby likes beards, my baby get beards. If not, then not.
Now, if baby want something like me "embracing Christ as my lord and savior," she getting vomit and the boot. That's what we call a non-negotiable.

I like a tickle more than a scratch 😉 Nothing like a bit of manly facial hair every now and then. 🙂

Sacha Level 7 Jan 3, 2018

What a bloody ridiculous statement that is. I, for, one shave EVERY single day ( except for my moustache which is my kind of signature thing since one of my nicknames is 'Mo,' and I have been shaving my whole head since March 2000 in keeping with a solemn promise I made to my 15 year old Daughter who was undergoing Chemotherapy for Lymphatic Cancer and sadly passed away in January 2001 when it returned even worse than before. My promise was that "Should her glorious and beautifully Golden Hair fall out, then I would shave mine off and it would remain that way until hers grew back again."
Now I shave my head in honour of her and her memory.

I guess I've seen some facial hair on our male members. Different strokes for different folks. I personally prefer it. How about the other ladies out there?

Depends on the guy. Some men look really sexy with facial hair. Others, not so much.
It's like long hair. Some men can really carry it off, and some just look unkempt.

@ sassygirl3869 - I almost just spewed my wine... "Male members".

The devolvement continues. X-)

I'm guessing you got that idea from some of our profile pictures.
I just shaved yesterday, but I don't do it often because it hurts my delicate face. 😉

Is that why you wear the swim mask? LOL.
For me, I'm pretty sure I heard that when I stopped eating meat I wouldn't have to shave any more. At least that's my story. Ha.

@RichCC I'm a little sloppy when I shave, I need the mask to keep the shaving creme out of my eyes. 🙂

why shave it is just going to grow back It is never ending

I always shave using ordinary soap and disposable razors, can't use electric ones because my whiskers just chew them up.

One of the most ignorant things I’ve ever read.

I don’t shave anything. I’m not shocked.

@WynnHorton

Besides you are making generalized comments about a small sampling.

I’m proud of my beard. I am still well groomed. One thing that pisses me off more than religious fanatics are anti-beard people. My family seems to think I am single because of my beard. They were trying to convince me that my fucking soulmate will fall from the sky if I shave. That is the most asinine thing I’ve ever heard in my life.

Yeah that is crazy I have a cousin that's got a big full beard and he met the love of his life and they're married and traveling the world

That beard is magnificent. Never change it.

tell them your soulmate is hiding in your beard

I won’t! @IntellectualRN

@btroje I see what you did here!

Ha, well I sure as hell don't. Among other things it makes my mornings much easier.

Couldn't grow it when I was religious and haven't shaved it off since.

gearl Level 8 Jan 3, 2018

It's funny, I've been clean shaven (except for the stache) my whole life. Now at 60, I decided to grow a goatee. I've had it for a couple of months.

The younger ones dont. At my age I shave every day. When young guys have stubble they look "Miami Vice". When I do it, I look Gabby Hayes.

@MsOliver I know. I don't know the modern equivalent of the cool unshaven guy in an expensive suit and the old, unshaven, implied alcoholic sidekick of old western movies.

@Naeem no he's considered attractive. Google Gabby Hayes. A generation of movie sidekicks were based on him.

I used to shave, but I stopped after my wife filed for divorce. I just haven’t picked up the habit again.

That's me as well. I trim it up, but won't shave it until I find someone worth sharing it off for...

I never shave, except every other day

I don't shave, but only because someone stole my electric shaver when I was living in America almost half a century ago. (I guess I was an atheist of sorts back then, too.)

Where did that comment come from?

you obviously shave

Yes that is a requirement from the athiest bible.

Well, I had my goatee the whole time I was a Bible scholar and preacher, so I'm not a reliable sample.

I've only recently allowed my facial hair to grow. It feels extremely lazy doing so. I've made fun of my bearded friends for years for keeping their beards. I've grown sick of shaving and I figure I'll go with it until it's annoying. It's been five weeks. The facial hair doesn't hold my beliefs however, my doubt of the true nature of the unknown has been around for fifteen years.
I read the Bible when I was fifteen and realized all the charlatans around town were ignorant. They preach what they can't properly read.
Later I read other religious pieces and came to the conclusion that humans can't be sure of much at all.

Anyway, majority of my acquaintances that have beards are deeply religious. Southern Baptist , Methodist, and a couple Islamics.

Batuo Level 1 Apr 26, 2018

That's news to me.

Well I'm a man I naturally grow facial hair so why not let it grow. I keep it trimmed because I work in a hospital and I really hate the duck dynasty look. Plus shaving gives me razor burn and makes my face break out. So I'm just going to do me.

this is how i see it

turf Level 5 Jan 4, 2018

This one does, reluctantly… We’re not all social renegades 😀

Varn Level 8 Jan 3, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12519
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.