25 2

How often do you watch the news?

• 43 votes
  • 19 votes
  • 12 votes
  • 2 votes
CrazyQuilter 7 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I read the news as much as my anxiety levels will allow.

I confess - I am a cable news junkie. Rachel Maddow and I have a standing appointment every night

GwenC Level 7 July 17, 2018

Me too!

I stopped actively watching/reading the news in 2009 because, frankly, it's an unhealthy pasttime.

Me watching the news is like watching Dallas play New England in New England from a sports bar in Dallas, and the ref has been making bad calls favoring New England and at the half Dallas is 4 touchdowns behind...and then New England runs a 99 yard punt return where the guy goes out of bounds but doesn't get a flag on the play, then get the two points.

Yeah, I watch the news like a drunken soccer hooligan. I scream at the TV, I throw things, I'm so angry I'm shaking for days. Because the overwhelming stupidity, callousness, agenda-mongering, just everything. Local stories, political stories, international issues, human interest pieces. It's all infuriating.

I keep abreast of the information because I can absorb and process information from the periphery of my awareness and I try to stay only one or two steps behind the bleeding edge of what's going on. But actually watching a news program, in addition to being infuriating, is a poor way to get the facts unless you're willing to investigate multiple sources and run comparative analyses on every story, especially now as governments and their agents truly come to understand the power of the Internet as a tool for disseminating misinformation.

Y'all Cowboy fans! Too funny LOL!!! I reside with one. E-A-G-L-E-S!!!

@IAJO163 literally care less than zero about sports.

But as an analogy it works perfectly.

@geist171 Good analogy.

I actually NEVER watch the news, especially network news on TV. I get all my news sources from the internet that I have confidence in their credibility.

I normally look and read the news online.

I read an independent newspaper that I can trust.

I absolutely refuse to read or watch anything owned by Rupert!

Strabo Level 6 July 17, 2018

Daily. Mostly local and national morning shows. No cable here. I watch to see what they're feeding people. I'm not prejudiced against any sources. I don't treat it like everyone is equal in their understanding of it and will campaign against media sensationalizing issues trying to make a bigger bank account by fueling fires along with it.

BBC World Report, PBS Newshour, Rachel Maddow, Oh yeah!

I don't watch the news. I get informed through official social media pages of popular newspapers and media houses.

kinimd Level 2 July 18, 2018

If a hurricane is heading for me I watch that. Daily news has seldom been on my tv. And if it's not live streamed I definitely don't want to watch yesterday's news. I've already read about it.

I am trump out. The unpresident killed the joy of watching the news... at least on his country.

I watch less than I used to because it frustrates me

obsessively

I need to know what is going on.

I only watch the local evening news (NOT Sinclair associated) and the ABC national news. Other than that I get all my news online.

I watch it but end up depressed and angry. I wish there were happier stories.

I usually listen to GA Public Broadcasting all day everyday (not strictly NPR), then most days catch the PBS Newshour and NBC nightly news. Although, from time to time, I'll ditch it all for a few days.

bingst Level 8 July 17, 2018

well none of the above however the pub i frequent has taken to putting on news 24 with captions (new bar staff prior to him sports or music) im way more up to date than i think is healthy

weeman Level 7 July 17, 2018

Every day-online during the day: CNN, HP, Twitter, NYT, WaPo

Car: Podcasts or NPR

Home: MSNBC, a little Twitter

Never regular network TV

I haven't watched the news in years (except for when there was some sort of thing in my neighbourhood, and I sat through the local news to see if they said what was happening). I used to read the paper every day, but now I get all my news online (mostly the BBC, Sydney Morning Herald, etc)

Ozman Level 7 July 18, 2018

I follow different sources. I like being informed.

I got rid of cable quite a while ago. In this day & age, its a waste of money. Im a news junkie. I like to be informed & try to look at a lot of different takes on the same story. I pretty much just want facts from my news sources. I can form my own opinions.

Della Level 6 July 17, 2018

I leave CNN on all day in my house but just listen not watch.

I watch and read the news several times daily to stay informed and outraged enough to keep resisting! It’s exhausting, but I’m hoping things will get better after the November elections.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:133351
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.