Agnostic.com

68 7

How many places have you lived in your lifetime?

Which was your favorite? and why?

I've lived in 9 places so far, and I love to travel. I would say Germany was my favorite place, but I don't have enough memory of it. The memories I do have are beautiful and odd. So, I have to say Tucson is my favorite place. Mostly because it's my home town. I lived there 3 times throughout my life, each time at different stages of my life, with amazing memories with friends and family. Good and not so good memories, but I still have a fondness for that place.

Stacey48 8 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

68 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Let's see: early life - Denver, CO; mid and high school - Longmont, CO; junior college - Littleton, CO; undergraduate one - Tucson, AZ; paleontology- Wray, CO; Archaeology - back to Longmont, CO; 2nd undergraduate - Boulder, CO; oil field - Houston, Tx; 1st teaching position- Hopi Indian Reservation, Az; second teaching assignment - Santa Fe, NM; Masters degree- Champaign-Urbana, Il; 4th teaching assignment - Pueblo, CO, 5th assignment -Pueblo West, CO; 6th assignment - Manzanola, CO: present - Navajo Reservation. This does not include short term living situations for archaeological and geolgy contracts. A few places I would say. Lol

t1nick Level 8 July 17, 2018

@Stacey48 Tucson, Hopi, & Navajo Rez

10 different places. They were in West Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio, California, and Oregon. The longest I was in one house was 13 years, from the time I was 36 to 49 years old. I've lived here in Huntington the longest, and since this is where all my family is, I'm probably staying.

@Stacey48 It is. I'm comfortable here. It's a college town, so it's not too redneck, and it's big enough to have things to do, but not so big that it doesn't feel homey.

Starkville, Mississippi
Salt Point, New York
Suffolk, Virginia
Ellensburg, Washington

And now Kansas. Ellensburg was the only place I have cried about when moving. I am facing another move in the next year and have no idea where I will land.

Massachusetts, Colorado, Florida, Maine and New Mexico

Dew25 Level 7 July 19, 2018

Do deployments count as a place once lived?

@Stacey48 12 hour shifts, 6 days a week, always scorching hot, always bored and no sex. I'm on the fence, but it's worth noting I've been there.

Born in Yorkshire, England. My parents never moved from their hometown. I did. Lived in London & Hull. Left after college to live in Brussels Belgium (1st kid). Then Paris France. Then Athens Greece. Then Frankfurt Germany. Then new Delhi India (2nd kid). Then Geneva Swtzerland (third kid). Then Florence & Le Marche in Italy. Back to Yorkshire. Now in Suffolk. There were all long stays of 2-5 years. I haven't mentioned the shorter ones. Having kids meant lots of maternity leave so time to explore these places. And no, I wasn't in the army. And no, I wasn't following my husband round the world. I got the jobs, I made the money. And I've had a wonderful life so far. They were all my favourites for different reasons. Getting itchy feet again....

Moved around a bit as a kid, but mainly grew up in Nowra, a big-ish town about 100 miles south of Sydney. Beautiful surroundings, but the town itself is pretty white trash ('bogan' in the local dialect). From 18, various share houses around Sydney, mainly in the Epping/Eastwood area or the inner city. Then off to the UK, first Cambridge, now Manchester. Probably lived in around 30 different houses in my lifetime?

Bogan.......I Havn't heard that in a while. 😀

Looking at the replies I have lived a sheltered life.

Mokvon Level 8 July 18, 2018

16 different cities and towns
4 of them 2 times each

About 8 different residences but same state lols

3 towns. Many places.

The Fraternity house. I joined and almost instantly became the old guy in charge.

I think its...like 20 times? 19 of them within the same state. I was born in Louisiana, lived there until my dad couldn't take my mom's family anymore (6 months) then moved to Fayetteville until mom couldn't take dad's family anymore (age 2) then two or three places I don't remember, then two different places (apartment and house) in Goldsboro then up to the mountains, where we moved inside the county about every three years. Then I graduated, went to Greensboro, and spent the next ten years bouncing back and forth between Greensboro and my home county, then the last time I left Greensboro I moved about an hour away from my home county.

I've never lived anywhere more than about four years. Most places 2 years or less.

Canada, two provinces
U.K.
USA, Texas.. Dallas and currently Houston.

Born in the Caribbean... lived in USA (East Coast, West Coast, South), Spain, Greece, Germany. With 20 years in the Navy. I had been around many lands and nations and my resume includes many ladies of many countries. Just relocated Sunday to Las Vegas (2nd time). I am a Gypsy. But is not about getting there... it is about what you do once you are there.

11 towns, 17 places (houses, apartments). Favorite was Falmouth on Cape Cod (the "armpit" of the Cape) when I was a kid.

godef Level 7 July 17, 2018

2 countries, 9 American states, 15 different towns or cities (smallest 250 people and largest 1.1 million people.).

I've moved 43 times so far. But I've only lived in Colorado, Kansas and Oklahoma. I've never had a driver's license expire with my correct address printed on it.

@Belrieve Ahhh, but 42 to 43 was the best move ever.

10 or 11. Some repeats. Where in Germany did you live?

@Stacey48 I was a military brat too. Born in Wiesbaden and went back on active duty during my tour of duty in the Air Force. I was stationed at Rhein Main ABS.

I lived and worked in Plžen in the Czech Republic for two years while I was in my late 20s. Not good for my health, but I had a great time.

Hermit Level 7 July 17, 2018

@Stacey48 Beer was essentially 13¢ a litre. People were constantly inviting me out for a beer and I constantly said yes. I came back from the C.R. looking rather bloated.

Colorado: Englewood, Longmont. Littleton, Denver,
Pueblo. Pueblo West, Manzanola, Boulder
Arizona: Tucson, Hopi Res,
New Mexico: Santa Fe, Gallup
Texas: Houston

i am mathematically challenged so i'll let y'all count. i was born in philly, moved to a 'burb, moved to willingboro, nj, which was called levittown at the time, move to silver spring, md, moved to w hyattsville, md, moved to bowie, md, moved into a dorm in my college in north nj, moved back home to bowie, moved out by myself back to w hyattsville, back to bowie, moved to alexandria, va, moved back to bowie for one night, moved out to california where i lived in four different places in hollywood and los angeles, not counting a couple nights before i moved to japan, where i lived in two places in kasugai, then two in nagoya, back to los angeles for a couple days, down to florida to stay with my mother, up to new york to go to a concert and ended up staying a year and a half, first with friends on long island, then at a pakistani hotel in chelseaf for one night, then the y also in chelsea. then in brooklyn, back out to reseda, california, then gardena, california, then to minnesota, five different homes in three cities. oh i didn't count a month teaching in surrey, england. i wonder what else i forgot? five weeks on cape cod when my mom was in hospital and then recovering from surgery. i THINK that's it....

g

<--- mumbles... Carry the one, plus three... Those places didn't really count.... = I don't know.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Houston, Texas
Pleasant Ridge, Michigan
Birmingham, Michigan (three different houses)
Chicago, Illinois
Memphis, Tennessee
Jacksonville, Florida
Norfolk, Virginia
Birmingham, Michigan (again, a fourth house)
Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
Everglades National Park, Florida
Phoenix, Arizona (two different apartments)
Scottsdale, Arizona (two houses, nine apartments)

My favorite was Yellowstone. I lived and worked at Old Faithful for four summer seasons and three winter seasons. I could try to describe it, but it would fall well short of actually experiencing it.

I've had postal addresses in Spain, 3 places in England, and about a dozen + others on the US East Coast.

I have had 11 different postal addresses, 10 in the UK and one in the USA. I'm not sure I could pick a favourite, they all have loads of good (and some bad) memories that got me to this point.

ipdg77 Level 8 July 21, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:133466
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.