Agnostic.com

104 6

Very first concert you attended?

Dew25 7 July 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

104 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Do Christmas concerts at church or school count?

I was envisioning concert hall/stadium as opposed to a school or non professional.

Why not? It was not specific enough so even a garage band will count as an answer... so a church organist too.

@Dew25 Pity! However, for me, that would be Purple Vein, a local indie band.

Some band that performed at my high school on a Friday night. 50s revival rock. As I recall they weren't that great, it was a fundraiser thing.

In what country?
The first US concert I attended was the Beach Boys, Lexington, KY, 1970, my freshman year of college.

The Carpenters at Universal Studios in 1971. I was in junior high.

Tool, 2001.

@minhmeister this was right around the time Lateralus came out. I was a big fan of Aenima as an album.

Very first time the question asked? Nah.

Iron Maiden 1983.
This where I saw them:

Look at all the Maiden fans, cool!!

Projekt Revolution 2007. That's at least my first Concert. First show was probably 2002.

Alice Cooper, July 1977, Omaha. My parents had never heard of her, so I was allowed to go. lol

"her" lmfao...you know you're going to hell, don't you?

@SeeCanU I'll point the finger of blame directly at this.

Concert as opposed to gig? Metallica, '89 touring on ' ... And Justice for All'.

My own recital at a nursery 🙂
It sucked.

Oh man. It's really hard to say. a few friends and I used to go to a bajillion clubs and barsto see all kind of punk bands back then. If I had to guess it would have to be the Ramones at CBGB's.

I think my first real concert though was around 1884 at the New Haven collisium. It was Metallica's Master of Puppets, opening up for Ozzy's Ultimate sin tour.
So I can actually say that I got to see Cliff Burten while he was still alive.

Saw the "Ride The Lightening" tour in Germany in 1984. Cliff was awesome !!!! The opening band was named "Tank".

@MacTavish Fucking awesome man, I would loved to have seen that show.

jackson 5 thriller in dallas

When I was 13. Shaun Cassidy. Some things you never forget ?

Rose2U Level 7 July 19, 2018

My first album!

The Stones 1971 - just before Sticky Fingers came out (I was 13)

Amazing...I'm jealous

Granmax in Tulsa 1976. Hard rock group from god knows where, but they gave a copy of their album away with ticket purchase. Opening act was a laser light show.

I think it was Red Lorry Yellow Lorry in Hamburg, mid-80s. That time was a bit hazy so can't be sure of the details 😉

Pete66 Level 6 July 19, 2018

Nine inch nails. Still the best show I've ever seen.

Nebula Level 2 July 19, 2018

My parents took me to a lot of bluegrass concerts starting when I was very young (probably less than 1 year old), so I don't know.

Excluding local acts playing at a bar, my first rock concert was The Black Crowes, and my first rap/hip-hop was Digable Planets.

Cream, Peppermint Palace, Boston, 1967.

I don't answer these because questions like this are also questions some websites ask as security questions.

@Fanburger Damn. I've been exposed.

Boston, backed up by Sammy Hagar, in Vancouver, BC. At the time, most major concert tours either started or ended in Vancouver. And it was still general admission.

I don't really go to concerts so my first one was, I think, 2008. It was Lynyrd Skynyrd playing at Wild Adventures in Valdosta, GA. I knew of the band and a few of their songs, but wouldn't call myself a fan. It was just something my two brothers and I could do together. I don't think we even knew the band was there to play. We just went to the theme park then decided to stay and attend the concert that night.

However, I was not expecting to see all the Confederate flags scattered throughout the crowd and on the stage. It made me very uncomfortable the whole time I was there.

The Kinks......Bournemouth, England April 1968.

First rock concert was ZZ Top - Deguello Tour 1980 I was 15. My first concert was in 2nd grade with my classmates all of us on recorder. I don’t remember the set list.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:134518
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.