Agnostic.com

104 6

Very first concert you attended?

Dew25 7 July 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

104 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Alice Cooper, July 1977, Omaha. My parents had never heard of her, so I was allowed to go. lol

"her" lmfao...you know you're going to hell, don't you?

@SeeCanU I'll point the finger of blame directly at this.

George Harrison and Ravi Shankar - Dark Horse Tour (with Billy Preston, Tom Scott, Willie Weeks, Andy Newmark and Robben Ford)

Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention on the Mudshark tour, 1970 I think, at the historic Watres Armory in Scranton, PA. If Joe Biden was there, I didn't see him. 🤓

zeuser Level 9 July 19, 2018

lucky bugger

forget the very first, but in quick 1970's succession, Led Zepplin and Jethro Tull...

@maturin1919 well, we still have video :'😉

the Who in 82.

Janice Joplin at the old Filmore East on Second Avenue. It blew my mind - couldn't believe she was white 'cause I had only heard her on the radio. I always liked her line: the best for a girl to show she digs a guy she just met is to take him home and screw him.

I got into Janis in my post-high school years. I'll never forget watching the Monterey Pop concert and thinking "HOLY SHIT!"

It would have to be Al Green in England, 1974. Amazing. So long ago 😀

Iron Maiden 1983.
This where I saw them:

Look at all the Maiden fans, cool!!

Tool, 2001.

@minhmeister this was right around the time Lateralus came out. I was a big fan of Aenima as an album.

Alice Cooper, Dead Babies concert.

t1nick Level 8 July 19, 2018

Don't judge but LeAnn Rimes lol

It was 1997, winter. My mom only listened to country at the time, and LeAnn Rimes was my favorite next to Shania Twain.

My next concert was Avenged Sevenfold/Bullet for my valentine/Three Days Grace. Then I saw Fall out Boy/Wiz Kalifa and then Red Jumpsuit Apparatus did a private concert in my town and I got to hang out with them after the show because I'm friends with the local band lead singer that opened for them

That was my oldest daughter's first concert. Her 3rd grade class won tickets.

I have nothing against Ms. Rimes. You will face no judgement here.

Jonny Cash when I was seven--- Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show when I was 13 ish. Loved Both. I was a big Dr. Hook fan.🙂

Beatles 1965, saw Paul in 2008, 2012, and got tickets for Sept. 30 in Edmonton.

Vmorri Level 1 July 19, 2018

I was BORN AND RAISED with the Beatles. White Album, Sgt. Pepper and Revolver all on records provided me with a very happy childhood.

Jerry Lee Lewis, around 1971 or so. I saw Dylan and The Band in 74, that was fun. Many more since

Steppenwolf 1969

David Cassidy. I was 10.

Woodstock!

With parents, I'm assuming?

well that would be the one to go to if you got the chance to go to any i think

@Deb57 Yup! Nine years old. I thought it was the biggest Indian Pow wow I had ever seen.

My first concert was J. Geils with Cheap Trick 1982

Dew25 Level 7 July 19, 2018

Wow, I saw J. Geils that year! In February 1982, at the Boston Garden. I saved the concert shirt and tix stubs even. But Cheap Trick wasn't part of the Geils show I saw - although I did see Cheap Trick at UMass in 1984, at an outdoor spring concert.

I read in the Globe that John Warren Geils Jr. (the J. Geils namesake) died a year ago. Now I've got to go listen to some Geils!

What? Not one first Grateful Dead attendee? Bill Graham said, "They're not the best at what they do, they're the best!" Unforgettable!

@JustLynnie ?

I think it was Price back in the mid 1980's.

The Doobie Brothers in 1970, I was seven years old… My uncle snuck me and my sister out of my mothers opera in a smaller hall in the Lincoln Center complex, maybe it was Avery Fisher Hall?… I’m not sure anymore, because I was seven 🙂 ...and in to see the Doobie Brothers at the bigger hall at Lincoln Center, my mom was pissed... my uncle was a cop so he just walked us in with his badge. My first whiff of weed and I remember the sea of blue jeans... I became a rock fan that day. At the champagne reception after my mothers event I went through a door that locked behind me and found my self on the stage floor with the Doobie Brothers packing the gear... now better understanding how things work I realize they were the roadies🙂

I think it was 1981 - The Rolling Stones Start Me Up Tour

Maynard Ferguson

I saw him in the 80s! Amazing! I even had one of his albums until I gave up my vinyl before moving to Germany. ?

You had good taste

@Mitch07102 you don't know the half of it. 😉

Foreigner '81 at The Forum.

I think that was the same tour I saw them on. ?

Uriah Heep in the early 70's.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:134518
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.