Agnostic.com

40 6

Who is your favorite Batman?

A completely relevant question, I believe!! I have 2 categories. 1 - respect, reverence. In this category, these are my top 3.

1. Adam West - 1960's Batman that I grew up with. He is old school, but the example all others are judged by.
  2. Michael Keaton - the first reincarnation of Batman since the 60's and the best and only choice of that reboot series of Batman (wearing black with nipples).
  3. Will Arnett Lego Batman, if you've seen the movies, 'nuff said!!

Now - my second category is entertainment. Which Batman is the most entertaining. These are my choices.

1. Will Arnett - again, if you've seen the movies, you know what I mean. His character is out-of-control funny.
  2. Michael Keaton - absolutely love his interpretation of the character ... 'I am Batman, I am Batman'!
  3. Adam West - corny as hell, dry humor, comic book style. So good if you look at it from that point of view.

These are my favorites, what are yours?

stomato 6 July 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

40 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Bat Dad

Out-of control hilarious!! Thanks for sharing!! Hahahahaha!

It has to be Adam west. He knew the premise was ridiculous and pitched his performance accordingly. I do rate the more gothic Tim Burton Batman, and the gritty Chris Nolan one very highly, but neither Keaton nor Bale beat the sheer joy and warmth of Adam West and those old TV episodes.

On a side note, Jack Nicholson is my favourite joker.

I am my favorite Batman. We are all Batman, or at least we should be. Batman is an ideal to strive for. Learn and work to excel at everything possible to make life safer and better for everyone, both on the micro and macro scales.

Except henchmen, whose bones will be broken. They won't die...but you'd be amazed what you can live through. And how expensive it is to put them back together.

I've always gotten a lot of utility out of a good belt, so yeah I guess you're right. ?

Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Then be Batman

KC1959 Level 5 July 27, 2018

Grew up watching the O. B. Adam West, liked Michael Keaton, loved the Christian Bale/Heath Ledger pairing.

Does this one count?

Carin Level 8 July 23, 2018

Of course it counts!! Hahahaha! Awesome!

Joel Schumacher ruined the Batman franchise in the 90s.

My favorite Batman has been Christian Bale. My favorite Bruce Wayne, oddly enough, is Ben Affleck. He has the 'I'm the greatest thing that's ever happened to the planet Earth' attitude, which is entirely appropriate for Bruce Wayne. I think people sometimes underestimate the distinction between Batman's demeanor and Bruce Wayne's personality

Michael Keaton and Adam West share adjacent places of honor in my nostalgia, and I generally ignore the fact that Valley Kilmer and his nipples and George Clooney were even a part of it.

And Kevin Conroy doesn't get enough love. He does the voice of Batman in the 90s animated series and the Arkham games, which means he acts opposite one of my favorite Jokers: Mark Hamill.

Okay that's a lie...every Joker is one of my favorite Jokers. But still. Mark Hamill.

Tony Stark is my favourite Bruce Wayne 😉

My favorite is Michael Keaton...those eyebrows...I did enjoy the Adam West batman for the corny lessons to be learned...and all of the "Pow Pow" bubbles....

I did like Michael Keaton. I think he did a good job. But I think Christian Bale better.

Obviously it doesn't matter a bit whether it's batman or batwoman, the favorite is WHICHEVER ONE EATS THE MOST MOSQUITOES

Everyone's going to hate on me for this one but I think Val Kilmer was the best Batman

Did you ever notice that at points in the Michael Keaton version, he sounded a lot like Beetlejuice??

Adam West on both counts

As long as he brings the Bat Shark Repellant.

Michael Keaton for me, hands down. And Nicholson is easily the best Joker.

Christian Bale. The Christopher Nolan directed films were the most true to the dark nature of the original Batman comics.

Least favorite would have to be Adam West. Campy fun, but a schlocky, watered down version of Batman geared towards a 60's television audience.

That's exactly what it was supposed to be! You may be a duffus! I'm not sure!

Micheal Keaton of course!

My favourite Batman is Bruce Wayne (there are differences in other media) 😉

As for film and TV, Adam West without a doubt.

Ozman Level 7 July 21, 2018

Batdad for both! JEN!

Batman is supposed to be dark. Christian Bale is my favorite because he was the darkest.

Nobody will ever match the thrill of the original Adam West TV series, it was huge. Keaton was very good, Nicholson and Basinger were excellent support, and Christian Bale belongs in that conversation as well. But Frank Gorshin, Caesar Romero, Burgess Meredith, Julie Newmar, Eartha Kitt, Lee Merriweather, George Sanders, Vincent Price, you can't match that murderers row of villains.

zeuser Level 9 July 21, 2018

All of your choices are good.

Can't answer the who but . . .

My favorite Batman movies are:

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Just fun: The Lego Batman movie (3d)

I am the BATMAN!

Actually I don't care...I like the darker movies better so I guess Bale?

Christian Bale for me, I just thought all of Chris Nolan’s Batman trilogy was awesome.

Didn’t George Clooney play Batman?

He did with Chris O'Donell as Robin and Arnie as Dr. Freeze

Adam West and Adam West!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:136178
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.