Agnostic.com

44 5

What if you are the GOD ?

Hey Agnostic community, my name is mohssin, and i from morocco, a little country in north africa, i was muslim before i leave my religion, no one around me know that i leave this insane religion, cause that can cost my life !.

So let's discuss about my question, just imagine if you are the god ? I know, this may appear insane, but i believe in this idea, i don't have arguments to defend, and i don't know if there are already philosophic idea like that.

glade to join you guys <3

mohssin 3 July 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

44 comments (26 - 44)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Welcome

I can't answer your question unless you define the term "god".

I am highly resistant to applying the label "god" to things that we already have perfectly serviceable and accepted terms for.

On my Senior Year of High School.... circa 1972 I was the god. I was Big Pharma without the greed. GF was Honor Student, I had the Largest Afro in the school, only student with no class the first 2 time periods, I violated the uniform and dress code constantly, and I knew from the principal's mouth I will graduate to avoid see me next year. I was hated by students and teachers alike like jesus... I was worshipped by other teachers and students like jesus too. I was god and still 2 years after graduation I could pull the god card among the major dudes in the school. So... I had been to your country Bro. Many Tangiers Tours. To me was like stepping on Casablanca 50 years later. Back in the early 90's my wife then used to take on tour twice a month members and dependents of the US military stationed in Rota Spain. We will go with jeans and trade them for rugs. One of the features was an American Actress had a house in Morroco... tried to remember who she was... remember her face, not her name but I will come up... Betty Hutton. I am My God and the only one I need to worship and follow. I am more than satisfied for being one of the Lesser Gods... never been greedy. I even wrote a song once tittled "Weekend Prayers". I am praying to a lesser god, asking for simpler things, expecting just weekend protection for my partying and if any money left and I am alive Monday morning, I will share it with whom ever around me. I started those prayers Friday before sunrise. The inspiration was even more simpler than that. I used to work at over the phone Internet and cable support for Big Evil and a old lady I helped thanked me and told me she was going to include me on her weekend prayers... I remember it was a Thursday. By Saturday afternoon I had written the lyrics in Spanish for "Oraciones de Fin de Semana" and in English "Weekend Prayers (Redemption on the Dance Floor)". God speaks to me in Salsa and Jazz!!!! Ha, ha, he, ha.

“When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself. ”

― Peter O'Toole

If you're reading Hinduism or Eastern Philosophy you end up believing you are a god. thou are that. no one separates to the Divine, you are that but forgot your original constitutions as god, and you need to realize that by means of meditation, mantra, yoga, sadhana and more regulative principles that might bring you to a complete realization. But for me these are all belief system. What if you are a God is a test, to let your imagination play a trick on you based on your religious biases. Thats why religion does harm to many people lives and psychology. in Mormonism, they to aspire to become an almighty mormon God someday in their own kingdom, thats the reward to their loyalty and strict adherence to mormon teachings. So they can imagine what kind of earth are they going to make and populate it with his own kind/image. What plan of salvation would be effective in his own planet, who would take the role of opposition like Satan. Imagine how religious people speculate and concocted a theology?.

If I am the God then someone has overstated the benefits and remuneration for this position. Please put more in the collection plate and make the clergy stop skimming my rightful due. I have another son position coming due and am having difficulty recruiting even though this time he doesn't have to die a painful death.

Dwight Level 7 July 30, 2018

I think that is part of the process, Mohssin. You are the being with complete and total control of your life...so god-like if not god.
It is unavoidable to think about it this way at times because most all of us have a reference and understanding of the concept of god. Enough to deny means we get it and that understanding leads atheists to essentially be their own god...although I never refer to myself as god it is sometimes the most direct way to relate the power you have over your own life and choices.

I can get behind such a philosophy. Each of us is our own god. We live by the dictates of our own conscience, which is created by our own compassion and intellect. We create our own morality, and in that sense we are Gods to ourselves. Either that or we delegate that job to an imaginary god whose moral code allows for genocide, human sacrifice, rape, and slavery.

Herod the Great asked this, before being struck down and killed by "maggots in the privy member" as did Herod Agrippa. Caligula also full on declared this, and was soon after hacked to bits by his guards. Many nuts and tyrants and cult leaders have all made this claim over the centuries, and it is egotism out of control, not some divine spark in people. This is also one of the rewards or Mormonism when you go off to space.

DUH...
What If?

“Ray, When somebody asks you if you are a god... You say yes!”
-Winston Zeddemore

JTony Level 3 July 22, 2018

I would be laughing all the time it would really cheer me up and I would only tell my one and only friend but I don't drink alcohol so that puts paid to the water into wine trick but I suppose I could do wine into water ...

jacpod Level 8 July 22, 2018

If I was God I'd wipe out all you atheists and send you all to burn for eternity in Hell , but sense I'm not you all have a nice day

Thought you were going to suggest a party bus for all us introverts, just to keep things twisted.

There's a school of philosophical theology called pandeism and there's a similar one called pantheism. You can look them up on the internet. In summary, they posit that god is not separate and apart from the universe and everything is essentially god in a way. You can also look up the philosopher, Alan Watts; he taught a lot these concepts

obis Level 6 July 21, 2018

There is an entire group our F.B.I hunts for that have a god complex they call them serial killers.

azzow2 Level 9 July 21, 2018

Welcome!

If I'm god then you're all in a boat load of trouble because nobody showed me how to fly this thing and there's a really tall mountain approaching quickly in front of us.

I'm very bad at being a god

So, is there anything special you would like for me to do for you my child?

Welcome to the real world.
We won't tell on you!

Gareth Level 7 July 21, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:136360
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.