Agnostic.com

37 3

If you had to choose between saving your mother’s life or a stranger’s baby, which life would you choose to save?

EmeraldJewel 7 July 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

37 comments (26 - 37)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The baby

My mother. Easy. I don't know your baby. I'm sorry.

Jjones Level 4 July 24, 2018

Just when I thought I was effed up cause it’s like that baby could grow up to be anything, including a killer and here I did throw my mom’s life away for them.

@EmeraldJewel I gave it a second or two of thought but my morals are to protect my family above all others. Now if we are talking about either a mother or their child and they have no relation to me. Yeah I'll be saving the baby but it's my mom.

To be honest, and I would figure that this might go against the grain here, but My mom is the closest thing to a best friend. I would save her.

I love yu karogi and nights in a hotel near kamakhya temple Guwahati

m98928 Level 1 July 24, 2018

You should turn this into a poll. I’d save the baby and then feel horrible for the rest of my life for allowing my mom to die. I can imagine still hearing her screaming in horror and pain 20 years down the road. Meanwhile, the baby I saved grows up to be a depraved serial killer.

Hermit Level 7 July 24, 2018

Wow your glass is empty ...but in a funny dark way.

Baby by default because my mom's dead. If my mom was alive, she'd have wanted me to save the baby.

The kid. My mother's already dead and when she was a live I wouldn't have pissed on her if she was on fire.

My mother is 87 & suffers from dementia. She doesnt even recognize me & thinks its 1959. I'm saving the stranger's baby.

My mom, without a thought. She has been my rock and I would do anything for her.

I think any decent adult would beat you away to go get the baby.

A reasonable competent and healthy adult has an assumed ability to get themselves to safety.

A baby has none.

I’m not sure, but I think you’ve altered the parameters of the dilemma.

My mom has been gone for a while, so I guess the kid wins by default.

LEPeff Level 8 July 24, 2018

Stranger's baby. My mother's a troll.

Mine has been dead years.

But she chose Thanksgiving Day to tell me that my beloved dog had died.

Six months earlier.

@BufftonBeotch I'm sorry she did that to you. That's rough.
if I believed in hell I might comfort myself that there will be justice for my mother. But it has to be enough that I eliminated her from my life and she can't cause any further harm.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:138976
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.