Agnostic.com

24 1

If god made Adam first, why do men have nipples? And did Adam have them too?

273kelvin 8 Jan 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The better question is why did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

Good one

Supposedly we are made in god's image, so why the hell does god have nipples, unless after all god is female....

Crazy world in which we live... oh... I did type that... opps!
😉

If we are made in god's image, why aren't we invisible?

Creation didn't happen. It's a myth.

For clamps.

Its all bull... When Cain slew Able, he went to the land of Nod and took a wife. Where the hell did she come from?

She was his sister

Then that would mean we’re not all descendants of sin since his wife wasn’t apart of Eve. Lol I never got that, either.

No idea-anyone else.

No idea but women have them to make suckers out of men. 😉

SamL Level 7 Jan 10, 2018

I spent so many years obtaining my religious studies degree, and now I know, all I needed was someone to posit this question to blow my mind lol. This is honestly a really good point, and hilarious.

God didn't create Adam first. The Adam in the Eden Myth was a spirit offspring created in the likeness of its creator and were pre-material humans. Pre-split Adam was also created in the image of God which of course has no specific physical image. While Eve is described as being created from Adam's rib, the true meaning was that Adam and Eve were one spiritual creation which was split. Later God creates "cloaks of skin for them" and clothed them both, male and female. Early in human evolution, people had no pre-frontal lobe or cortex, the first offspring that did, became "conscious" like modern humans and they were the first material Adam and Eves.

Did you know that Eve was so jealous. She would wake up each morning and count Adams ribs lol

and just how do you know this?

Where are you getting that information?

@jlynn37 Its in the Bible.

@TommyMeador Its in the Bible.

@jlynn37 That's how it reads in the Bible. The clothing of Adam and Eve in their physical skin "cloaks" happens in the next story.

So you have no way of knowing this, you are just parroting what you read in the big book of multiple choice and you seem to parrot it with such authority.

@jlynn37 The discussion was about creation in the Bible. Not about the way man was actually created. But my interpretation is just the standard Mystic interpretation which says that the idea of all matter first begins as an idea in God mind which is the universal mind. Mind, Idea, Expression is the Mystic Holy Trinity. The mind, idea, expression process also describes Divine Order. It's important to understand though that Mystics do not see God Mind as a thinking being, its a set of universal Laws.

Book, chapter and verse, please.

@TommyMeador You can read any number of New Thought authors and get about the same thing. Charles Fillmore, Earnest Holmes, Emmitt Fox, H. Emily Cady who wrote (Lessons in Truth) etc. Carl Jung was another New Thought pioneer. They were all influenced by the Transcendentalists authors Thoreau, Emerson, Whitman, etc. as well as Emanuel Swedenborg in Europe and many others. Eric Butterworth New Thought writer and he wrote many books. He is my personal favorite, he just died in 2004.

I find I don't care ...

Maybe he got them from his first wife...lilith.

Did he get them in the divorce? 😛

@resserts. Uhhhh.... yeah...lol.

Or maybe, just maybe Adam was created in a test tube so he didn't have nipples or a belly button (Eve didn't have one either). Then when they had their first child they gazed upon it dumbfounded.

"What the hell is that?" Adam asked inquisitively
"I don't know, but I'm not touching it!" Eve exclaimed.

To dial in a woman?

Men have nipples because we all begin as females......becoming male is a mutation.....that's where the X chromosome mutates to Y......one of the 4 "prongs" of the X is missing.......females are actually superior,genetically

huey Level 3 Jan 10, 2018

and a belly button

Good question to counter45 those tryign to convince one that religion is true.

Also, question whether or not Adam & Eve had belly buttons!

Scars from the original sin. Eve not only shared her apple, but she was also a bit rough.

It was to give God... and Eve... .something to "twerk." Who doesn't like nipples?

My brother likes them so much, he has a extra one.

I knew it. I used to have a teddy bear. I also used to love ABBA songs.

We have nipples because they are first and foremost a pleasure center. ????

He had to give Eve something to pinch when she got frisky.

Also how did the human race continue,biblically,without incest?

huey Level 3 Jan 10, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14162
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.