Agnostic.com

30 6

What do you do when you are bored?

I used to eat to excess or shop. Turning over a new leaf: can't and won't do them anymore. I know I was also doing these things because of stress, among other things. A friend jokingly said to me, "get a boyfriend, that'll relieve your stress!" Um, yeah. While that would be nice, if I was only looking for someone for that reason I'd be trading one addiction for another.

bleurowz 8 July 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The question suggests that a world exists where boredom is prerequisite for things to get done. 🙂

An active mind is too curious for boredom.

I look at posts on Agnostic.com...

I don't get bored but I do get lazy. 😕

I go to my bedroom and master.. one of my many skills.

Marz Level 7 Aug 1, 2018

Don't recall the last time I was bored. I recon I'd play bass or drums or guitar or piano.

I don't get bored, but I get restless sometimes. So I will take a bike ride or go for a walk. Always something to see or hear.

I troll trumptards. 😉

How does one do that without getting banned?

@vladamir Go to other sites. I didn't say I do it here.

There is nothing wrong about being bored. Being bored is great. At least to me. My creativity is based on the moments when I'm bored. Because I can not turn off my brain, I get wonderful ideas from being bored.

Read or find something or someone to be bored with.

It's always better to do boring things with someone else. Then it's not boring any more!

Read, play games, sew. Sometimes I eat. But I always find something to do.

Bored? Too much stuff that only I can do, never bored. I have about a gazillion projects, knitting, crochet, quilting, sewing. I have a stack of books to read. I have the internet, TV, movies that can be watched. I have a garden. I have a yard that needs to be weeded. I'm trying to declutter. And there is always napping. I just get frustrated trying to decide which one to tackle.

Usually I walk around my apartment, looking in the refrigerator and cabinets, try to find something online all while saying "I'm bored!!!!" in my head. Grudgingly, I pick something that I initially thought was too miniscule to occupy my time. Sometimes that leads to something else; other times I start the process over again.

I usually pick up my Spanish guitar and play something. Sometimes just playing gives me another idea for a song.

Boredom is a condition of the mind and a good time to meditate. I rarely get bored simply because I’m busier than a one legged sailor in an ass kicking contest.

I don't get bored, so I have no way to understand one who does.

Words with Friends. Draw on my iPad. Sleep. Pretty much everything except what actually needs to be done.

There are always lots of things that need to be done , boredom is just that you aren't interested in doing them . It helps if you are doing things along with someone else , rather than on your own . Check out your local library . See if they're offering classes in things that could interest you . Sign up and go . Learn a new skill . Create something , Develop a new hobby . It could turn into a new source of income , a new and interesting job , start a new business . Get rich , powerful , and become attractive . It's all up to you !

Go for a spirited ride on my Rocket, and scare the crap out of myself, and other people, and hope the cops don't see me.

Boredom comes from within.

I relax in my hammock.

Hammock is good... in my last apartment in Jacksonville my room was "The Hammock suite". Many hammocks in the decoration.

Light the herb and grab the guitar...

Visit forums

Slap me on my face and start diging document directory on my computer with thousands unfinished poems and lyrics. Go to my music programs and start listening my works... see how make it better... if a partner is present... start walking around naked... until she ask... what you want? What I have to do to get you dress? Then I speak...

@goldenvalleyguy to each its own. Whatever works. Sometimes an underwear comes flying toward my face.

I put my hand between my legs. A response that is natural, organic, non-toxic, and wonderfully renewable. How can that be wrong?

JacarC Level 8 July 31, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:144755
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.