Agnostic.com

22 4

Just curious...

What bothers you more... A religious person pushing their religion on you, or a flat earther who cannot understand that the earth is round?

• 47 votes
  • 35 votes
DanielBrady 4 Aug 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Flat earthers aren't passing laws telling me when I can drink or how I can have sex.

Very good point !!

They are two festering boils on the same backside. Both need lancing!

They both suck, and I'll tell them both to fuck off.

Both suck. Lol

Binny Level 3 Aug 1, 2018

I find them equally delusional.

Have to go with The religion pusher as being worse. Flat earth's are merely laughable and do little or no harm to others. Religion and it's adherents have harmed, murdered and wrecked havoc worldwide for thousands of years now.....

Dew25 Level 7 Aug 1, 2018

Neither bothers me. It's their problem, especially if they don't take the hint when I tell them to fuck off. Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Flat Earthers are amusing. Religious zeolots are sinister

I voted religious as more annoying. I would have to stop laughing long enough to be annoyed with the flat earthers...

Flat earthers are hilarious and I can't get mad when I'm amused.

That is a tough choice. I've got to say pretty much equal and equally repulsive.

I know and respect many believers. I can't say the same for flat Earthers. Conspiracy theorists of all sorts, including 9/11 are equivalent to theists except they don't have the excuse of indoctrination. They chose to ignore evidence all on their own as adults who should know better.

I do not understand how any person could believe the earth is flat!

I've run into a half dozen flat earthers. In all their cases, they are devout Christians. I believe faith (belief without evidence in defence of evidence) is a common mindset of theists and flat earthers.

Indoctrination into a religion is a powerful thing that isn't easily broken. Active ignorance of the world and basic science learned in elementary school is just being a damn moron. They aren't "fighting the system". They're being fucking idiots.

I would argue the "fucking idiots" could also apply to many theists that assert faith (belief without evidence i.e. whatever they want to believe) as fact.

None, they will believe what they want to believe and no one can awaken them but themselves

Religion is made up of many things, culture, opinion etc. The fact that most of them are based on things they can't prove is one thing. The fact that the earth is not flat is not up for discussion. As it is said, you're entitled to your own opinion but you are not entitled to your own facts.

lerlo Level 8 Aug 8, 2018

I used to argue with flat earthers, but gave it up. Now I'm super happy they think it's flat. Yep. Flat as a pancake, obviously. That the earth is a sphere, well, that's a huge conspiracy, and we're all in on it.

For flat earthers the only thing to fear is sphere itself.

@DanielBrady groan ?

Thank you all who have responded. I was not looking for anything other than additional perspectives. Some I agree with. Many others that have helped me get out of the box I was in and making sure I do my best to keep an open mind and continued learning.

it depends on whether the flat earther is trying to push flat earth on me, or worse, on the world. a flat earther selling burgers isn't a problem. a flat earther appointed to lead the science committee in the house of reps -- that's a problem.

g

I rather like flat earthers - awww!sweet!

Flat earthers seem more hopelessly stupid, & stupid people who think they know it all are irritating,

Carin Level 8 Aug 3, 2018

You are curious and I am not playing... figure those odds.

Religious person because they are sooo many of them. Flat earthers are only annoying like a mosquito.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:145509
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.