Agnostic.com

24 3

Something new or different

What is something new or different that you want to do? What is stopping you? Do you think you'll do it?

Sirena 7 Aug 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would really like to move to a different country - either Canada, Norway or Sweden. Holding me back is the fact that I don't have enough money.

Jnei Level 8 Aug 3, 2018

Iceland is my dream home, but the same practical problems!

@Salo Any Scandinavian country would be fine by me!

@Jnei I've been to Sweden numerous times, Finland, Norway and Iceland once each. Agreed I'd live in any of them, though Finland felt more progressive and Iceland just had perfect written all over it in every way ?

@Salo Iceland. Highest suicide rate in the world.

@Countrywoman when I considered living in Sweden, people also said it had the highest suicide rate! As a person who would prefer to live rather than die, I'm more interested in the quality of life, not death.

@Salo Sweden is up there & not just geogrphically. Statistics change. The theory is lack of sunlight for long periods. Perhaps they have made in roads in solving this issue.

I play Spanish guitar. I have written and recorded a lot of songs.
I have two friends that play as well, and we have a great time playing together.

But what I would really like to do is get a band together, and play the whole Spanish thing in clubs and such.
The only thing holding me back, is finding all the right people to get together.

I want to try everything lol. Before my disability got really bad, I took for granted all the things I could do. Now it's very expensive and difficult to do anything, not to mention painful.

I really want to do parkor but you kind of need...a working body.

Dive the great barrier reef. I'm going in March.

Learn to dance, particularly salsa... I want a partner who will be patient with my lack of rhythm, so this one is in the air

Wow! I'm hoping to work on getting my scuba certification in the next few years. Seeing the great barrier reef sounds amazing!

@Sirena Someone recently told me that "a bucket list is something people want to do that they never actually plan on doing" and I took it to heart. Went to New Zealand last year, going to see this before it's too late (hoping they can turn it around).

@Tucker79 I can see how bucket lists can become something that never gets done. I hope to have a more optimistic outcome.

I want to learn some practical skills, like hanging drywall, installing flooring, minor carpentry, etc. I'm already pretty good at demo work, but this old house needs a little love, and I'd like to be the one to give it to her.

@Green_Chile_Type Thank you. I might need it. ?

Become fluent in another language.

Hihi Level 6 Aug 3, 2018

Do it! ?

@KateZilla I don't!

@KateZilla, @Sirena I've worked on it but you really need to be immersed in the language to get anywhere at all.

@KateZilla What language are you wanting to learn?

@KateZilla you might want to take one at a time...lol

I'm trying to sell my house, move out of the city, which may involve changing jobs, find a place up north where ther is nature, and winter and fireplaces and peace.... what's stopping me? Well the house is escrow but we are hitting a few stressful snags.

Get a date. LOL 😛

Seriously though... I think I'd like to learn to dance... It seems like an appreciated skill.

@Veldoran I guess learning to dance is something I may have taken for granted. I love dancing.

Have a bucket list of places Dan and I plan on going. Nothing is stopping us.

I've got a bucket list. Currently it is on hold due to cancer treatment. I'll get back to it soon. Some of the items are, hot air balloon ride, write a cookbook, I'm working on that, get married...lol... fat chance but you never know. Travel to the fifty states, three to go.

That's awesome! I want to ride in a hot air balloon too, there's a few out where I live. It's on my list as well ?

Good luck on your treatment!
Hooray for science ?♡

usually, the monetary resources (and their ability to help me care for my disabled son) are the only things that hold me back from doing anything.

I want to call the girl who abandoned me for religion and find out how her life has been.

What's stopping you? You know where she is?

I literally have a notebook that is filled with my bucket list ideas...

The first 50 pages are the states in the USA -- one state per page alphabetically --- next are all the countries of the world alphabetically one per page...and some are broken down a little further.
As I find places I want to visit, I add them under the appropriate heading.
These can be parks, historic sites, natural wonders, or even just a restaurant I want to try.
It can also be a specific event...that is held in a specific location each year.
As I do them, I cross them off

the pages at the back of notebook list activities that could be tried anywhere -- i.e. glass blowing

🙂

Travel the World... enough time, , and aerophobia is what is stopping me. Yes, I believe one day I will, probably not technically the whole World, but at least some of it. There are World ship cruises... I would do this in a heart beat!!

I'd love to get into publishing and become a editor. That's going to have to wait till my kids are out of high school. I don't have the energy to work both a full time job and go back to school while my kids are still at home.

I want to become a medical assistant. And lack of money 😟 so far...

I want to learn another language. I'm working on it, but it's going slow. I'm OK with that.

Anything different than what a typical weekend has been for me this year. Nothing's stopping me. I change this weekend. Hopefully.

Learn to ride a motorbike, and customise a hearse into a camper. Whats stopping me? Very little now, just details (and an almost complete lack of balance and hand eye co-ordination )

Learn to ski. My knees.

Go on my knees, with a violin playing behind me, pull out a ring and say... will you marry me? Never done it. May never will. Been married once but was not like that.

I'd like to get my degree in Bio Chemistry. I am taking a non accredited chemistry course.

Trying heroin is something I’ve always wanted to do. At first I didn’t do it because I didn’t know where to get it. Now I won’t do it because it would just be stupid. Even though I remain curious, I’m pretty sure I’ll never try it and I’m ok with that.

This statement reminded me of Little Miss Sunshine.

[m.imdb.com]

Just do some opiates & the dulling down sensations are the same. When the world is so overwelming some seek the sedation of depressants. Other options are now available.

Next new project will be lens designing and grinding to build an upgrade for my current anamorphic lens.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:146921
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.