Agnostic.com

33 5

Do you laugh out loud when you're alone?

Ok that sounds weird! But anyway, do you laugh out loud when you watch or read something funny when you're alone. I hardly ever laugh out loud.

Josephine 7 Aug 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, I'm always humoring myself.......

All the time. Quite often at myself.

Yes, oh yes! I do this without realising it, but I once was reading a very funny book when I was on the train from Edinburgh to London. I was so engrossed in it that I was oblivious to the other people in the compartment. I gave out this huge belly-laugh and realised that all the other five or six people were staring at me in astonishment! By the way, the book was “Wilt” by Tom Sharpe and I can recommend it for a tears running down the cheeks experience!!

Frequently. And loudly.

Yes I've even had complaints off neighbours

Yes. I'm alone a lot - and I love to laugh - can't help it! I can keep from talking to myself most of the time, but laughing just comes out if something's funny.

It’s very sad that you hardly laugh, it makes life so much easier. And if you don’t laugh out loud when by yourself, it would seem to mean that those laugh are for show rather than heartfelt. John Oliver and Mr. Bean from your side of the pond always can get a laugh going.

Yes.

Yes. I still laugh out loud when alone. To do it any other way I would seem to be laughing for the benefit of others hearing me. That would seem to make it a phony laugh. You see, laughing is pretty much like crying. If you hurt enough to cry you will also be crying when alone.

I sure do.

Hahaha yes!

Of course - when it's genuine, you don't need to have anyone else there.

I spend most of my time laughing life is just too wondrous not to, doesn't everyone?

Question is: If I laugh out loud and there's no one around, do I still make a snort? It may have happened once or twice while watching Game Night.

Yes and sometimes I startle the cats, so, am I really ever completely alone?

I have laughed at myself sort of HaHa not really out loud...same with jokes .

Not very often because I can see the punchline coming from a mile away, but every once in a while I'm caught off guard and I let out a loud laugh that surprises me, often reading something on this site

You bet, I also talk and respond to myself (or the cats, or chickens).
And ... I often make faces in the mirror !

Absolutely!

Yep!

All the time. 😀

Sure!

Of course.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:149431
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.