Agnostic.com

52 4

What is your favorite movie?

Be honest. Mine is the original Winnie the Pooh. I saw it as a kid but the animators brought those characters to life. The voices were perfect. Oh, Pooh!

Now your turn, have fun

jwd45244 7 Aug 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

52 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Night of the Living Dead (the original George Romero one)
tied with
The Wizard of Oz

My high School English teacher was the nude zombie in the original

Also the holiday. I long to meet my Jude Law British book editor lol

One favorite movie. Hmmm. One you say?

I have a million favorite movies. My first favorite was The Princess Bride. First crush, too. I identify with The Truth About Cats and Dogs. Twister and Day After Tomorrow because of my obsession with weather phenomana. And Elf as my fave Xmas movie. Again, too many to name, so broken down into categories.

It's hard to pick just one, but here are a few favourites: Harvey, Rear Window, Vertigo, It's A Wonderful Life, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Planes Trains & Automobiles, Forrest Gump, Guardians Of The Galaxy 1 & 2, Star Wars (original trilogy), Solaris (original), Nosferatu, The Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari, The African Queen, Ice Cold In Alex, High Fidelity, Double Indemnity, North By Northwest, The Age Of Stupid, Super Size Me, Koyaanisqatsi, the list goes on...

For me, movies are like Lays. Ya can't eat just one. Consequently, I have more than one favorite:

Sci-Fi: Avatar
Fantasy: LOTR Trilogy
Horror: John Carpenter's, The Thing
Drama/True Story: Schindler's List
Rom-Com: 50 First Dates

HBO kicks ass on TV. Game of Thrones and Westworld are excellent shows with great complexity and characters. AMC's Walking Dead is also excellent.

All time favorite is G.I. Jane.

I love Winnie the Pooh and the blustery day. It is one of my favorites! Sweet home Alabama is another. Enders game was very good! Whitehouse down is one of my favorites! I can’t just pick one!!

Toss up between The Quiet Man and A Philadelphia Story.

Gattaca

Marz Level 7 Aug 16, 2018

Shawshank Redemption is pretty good

House of Games (1987), with Lindsay Crouse and Joe Mantegna. It's the story of a professional woman who gets involved with a con man.

Not one favorite, a list in no particular order. The Emerald Forest, Brother from Another Planet, The Gods must be Crazy, Walkabout, Forbidden Planet, Sam I Am. There are others but I remember the good parts not the name of the movie.

Catch 22 The cast is monumental.

What a difficult question... But "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World and "The Great Escape" are pretty much tied for me..

The Big Chill, with Casablanca a close 2nd

Ozman Level 7 Aug 9, 2018

Fight Club

La Femme Nikita, or maybe The Shape of Water

One Flew Over Coockos Nest.

Coldo Level 8 Aug 8, 2018

I always loved "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court" with Bing Crosby and Rhonda Fleming. I had a terrific crush on Rhonda Fleming when I was a kid.. I watched the movie three times in one week when I first saw it.

Back to the Future. Part 1

Terms of Endearment

Too many to list, but a selection would be ; the nightmare before Xmas, fight club, v for Vendetta, groundhog day, death race (new version) anything with Jason Statham (my man crush ) Akira, Dredd, Amelie, and pretty much any disney film

Almost anything that John Sayles directs. My favorite of his is Matewan. Also The Godfather 1 and 2, especially 2. They were perfection. I love North by Northwest and Night of the Hunter and Young Frankenstein. A recent film I love is Hostiles. There a gazillion more, but I will stop for now.

I don't really have one, but Dr. Strangelove and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid are both pretty great.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:150724
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.