Agnostic.com

87 1

Thoughts on Interracial Dating & Marriage

Are atheist, agnostics and freethinkers more or less open to dating and marrying someone of another race and why?

mbhorner 4 Aug 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

87 comments (51 - 75)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I want a Latina Asian woman with a black penis.

pretty open minded...I must say!

@bubaj50 lol

Connection and how they treat themselves is all I care about - I've been bummed that I haven't had a chance to date women that were different races (if such a thing exists). I've dated white and Asian women, no black or Indian women... but I totally would!

We are all humans and most of this stuff we call race is really so minor.

I see no difference in Colour. What I do acknowledge is Culture compatibility .

We should all remember that culture is a choice, not something one is genetically coded for.

@pnfullifidian

Unfortunately, for the vast majority, culture is about as much a choice as is the language we speak, or the religion that was handed to us by our parents. Very few rise above how they were raised.

@Piratefish Agreed. Most are what we might call, comfortable. Change can be stressful, and growth almost painful. But just like gang, gun or rape culture (to the extent that such a thing may be called such), the culture that we as adults find ourselves in today can either be embraced or abandoned.

@pnfullifidian

I agree. It just seems that so very few give it any thought and simply just resort to the default culture in which they were raised.

An unnecessary question knowing the open mindedness of this group!

I know I am. I prefer it

We are more likely to. Since we more open minded and caring. Im white and no problem with mairing a latina.

First of all there may be different ethnic groups but there's only one race the race of man and what you call interracial dating should be just considered dating

By the way for you folks who feel that saying the race of man maybe a little misogynistic go ahead and change that to the human race

Yes. Because we're more humanist than our religious brothers and sisters. They cherish their god and what they think he wants. We cherish the human race and what's good for us as a whole. Well, most of us anyway. Thus, we're inherently more open to this sort of thing.

I enjoy a variety of women of varying ages.

Same answer as the question about Politics affiliation and religious beliefs that was posed a couple of days ago. One thing has nothing to do with the other. Atheist can date or marry any color any given day. Why would it be any different?

If two people love each other, something already as meaningless as skin color will matter even less. And I think atheists, freethinkers, and agnostics are probably a little more open to mixed race marriages, mainly because it is the religious who seem to have the most bigotry and taboos.

I don't know that a person's belief or lack of belief has anything to do with it, other than I notice that conservatism, religion, and racism seem to often intertwine. I think religion encourages tribalism to a greater degree, and for some, tribalism = racism. Just my rambling thoughts, though. Perhaps I'm totally wrong.

Deb57 Level 8 Aug 21, 2018

No, I think you're absolutely right. We have many social patterns that have old roots in tribalism, and probably pre-date civilization. You can see this on a different scale when people from neighboring states in the U.S. show active antipathy towards each other.

I have no problem with people of another culture. In fact I'm drawn to them.

ACDC Level 2 Nov 13, 2018

My wife is Korean. I'm white. I don't have a problem with it, obviously.

Why would they be different? A racist is a racist regardless of their flavour

I support any form of marriage that doesn't involve me.

JoeVZ Level 4 Dec 5, 2018

One of the many things we learned from the Human Genome Project was that there is not enough difference between us to separate us based on race. We are all one people. So, my answer is obviously no. Love who you want. I am however against interspecies dating. Leave those goats alone!

The thought of discrimination itself is disgusting! We'll find the world a nicer place to live if we just consider human beings as human beings.

Are we less racist ???....yes, I think so.......I t hink because we are less evil, hateful.....

Well, if I had fallen in love with someone from another race, I would have had serious concerns about the racism of the general public towards us. My partner would probably have the same concerns. It would be a tough decision to say "we're going to run this gauntlet", but if the relationship were strong enough, I probably would.

Orbit Level 7 Dec 17, 2018

Don't marry outside the human race if you plan to have children.

It seems to work out on Star Trek all the time...

@Paul4747 Of course it does there.

When I was 12 I solved the racial discrimination problem by mandating interracial marriage. In a couple generations it wouldn't be an issue. I knew from an early age skin color was no factor in who I shared my world with. It seems I'm among mostly like-minded folks on this site.

@Louiseann That is also what I thought as a child. Still think that it would work.

In my early twenties I had dated a few black girls. One was part Japanese. I ended-up marrying two white women (disclaimer: not at the same time). They are good people, but I'll be completely transparent here: I love black women. I swore that if my most recent marriage ended, I'd go back to dating black women. It ended.

And now I'm on OkC with a specific filter because I really am not about to shortchange myself again on what I want. You don't go to McDonald's when you want a steak.

Married 3 times and lived with an older white woman until she died. One of my marriages was to a Kenyan woman and it lasted 12 years. My 2 marriages to white women did not fair so well.

I'm White.

My first wife was Asian.
My second wife was Asian.
My girlfriend is a Pacific Islander.

So I guess I'm all for it.

BD66 Level 8 Jan 25, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:152404
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.