Agnostic.com

87 1

Thoughts on Interracial Dating & Marriage

Are atheist, agnostics and freethinkers more or less open to dating and marrying someone of another race and why?

mbhorner 4 Aug 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

87 comments (76 - 87)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If you are not OUTbreeding then you are INbreeding. Replenish the DNA. OUTBREED.

Years ago the argument was "Think of the children". Implying they will not be treated well. Then it is up to us to change that & treat the children well. The issue is becoming a mute one as the world shrinks & cultures collide& infuse. Great food in the world, music too.

When I find love again, I’ll be more concerned about the person on the inside than the outside. Diversity is to be welcomed, not shied away from.
Make no mistake though, there’s plenty of xenophobic/racist non-believers. You only have to read a couple of threads to see it for yourself.

"Race" is a term that supposedly differentiates people because of visual features. I have heard people talk about "race" as applicable to people's skin color, facial features, or even religion. I have traveled extensively and spent a large amount of time in the Philippines, Japan, and Hong Kong. I have prejudices for and against certain groups of people. I have married a young women from Japan and an older woman from Hong Kong and had a girlfriend in the Philippines. I think that if I were to stay in other countries for long periods of time, I would find someone there for whim I would have affections.

All for it! Prior to meeting, dating and marrying my wife (who is quarter Mexican), I dated several different backgrounds - African, Filipino, Native American, etc along the way. I'm a pasty white guy (German heritage) but have always been more attracted to olive/darker skin.

Don't have one

Of course!

zesty Level 7 July 13, 2019

Sounds good to me. My gf is latina and I'm white.

t1nick Level 8 July 13, 2019

I don't want to date anyone who is faster than me.

That is the kind of race we're talking about.

I have zero problems with interracial dating and marriage; but, of course, I also didn't when I was a believer. Although, many religious people, I would say most, around me were against it.

I once attended a church where the racist preacher said he would not allow an interracial couple to become members (he was black, she was white). It was later discovered (after I quit going to that church) that he was molesting his own daughter.

I would like to say that all people rational enough to be atheists and agnostics are also too rational to be racist; but, sadly, that just isn't the case. Although, I do think they are the minority among us.

Both partners need to be fully aware of the prejudices they will face and how it will add stress to their lives and marriage. If they understand that and truly love each other and are willing to help each other through the difficult times, go for it!

Freethinkers are maybe more open to it. IDK. At one point in my earlier life I was against interracial marriage. After 12 years of marriage to a Kenyan woman so many that talk to me want to get me to revert back to being against mixed marriages again. The racist bastards!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:152404
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.