Agnostic.com

45 6

Best concerts?

What is your top 3 best live concerts that totally rocked. Doesn't have to be your favorite bands but who gave the best live performances? Mine are:

1. Smashing Pumpkins come back concert at the Ritz Ybor.
  2. Rob Zombie at Mayhem festival.
    3)Collective Soul with 3 Doors Down at Al Lang Stadium
Martie1965 6 Aug 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

45 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

For a split second I read this as "best concrete, and if not mistaken that would be Portland cement.

The two best concerts I have ever attended were in Berlin, Germany in 1960 or 1951 -- Ella Fitzgerald and Dave Brubeck.

@shebaloney At that time, Berlin was a jazz Mecca. Almost everybody who was anybody in jazz appeared there in the late 50s and early 60s. Would you believe that I also saw Miles Davis, Stan Getz, John Coltrane, Oscar Peterson, Ray Brown, and Satchmo there? All true! It was a great place to be in many senses.

@shebaloney Thank you. In so many ways the 2 and 1/2 years I spent in Berlin changed my life and gave me memories to last a lifetime. I am 81 now, and there have been ups and downs. But, overall it has been a great ride.

1: lalapoolaze 93.
the line up was.
primus
alice in chains
dinosaur jr.
fishbone.
arested development
front 242.
tool
rage against the machine.
It was all day in the Florida heat, but totally worth the sunburn.

2:1985, Metallica master of puppets tour, opening up for Ozzy, ultimate sin tour.
My first time seeing Metallica. Great show.

3: 1978, Van Halen, opening up for Black Sabbath.
the two bands that made me want to play guitar.
And I learned to play every song of both of them too.I have to add a fourth to this one, becaise it was too bad ass not to include it.

4: 1995, Type O Negative opening up for Pantera.
There was so much pot being smoked at that show, every one got a contact high.
Great show.

I could name quite a few others, but I think I went long enough already. lol.

that lollapalooza lineup is ridiculous. i would’ve loved that.

@Patrick42 I went to a few of them in different years, and some had some great bands.
But this one was my favorite by far. What a lineup.

Panthera! Awesome. Alice in Chains is another band I regret not seeing. Layne Stanley is sorely missed. Cant think of a song by them that I don't love!

Love this!

I've yet to see Front 242 and I looooves them.

1978 Van Halen!!!! EPIC!!!! ❤

@Qualia Funny thing is. I never heard of Van Halen at that time. I went to see Sabbath, been a huge fan since I was little.
But when I heard VH play, it was some great ear candy. been a fan of theirs ever since.

@TristanNuvo You've seen a lot of cool ones, Type o. Pantera, SABBATH back in the day.
/envious

Ah 1978 a cousin & I played the 1st VH until it wore out ?
BUT, they were REALLY new then, so you were still early in the game!

@TristanNuvo Now please don't tell me you saw Bon Scott era AC/DC. I might have to die of jealousy.

@Qualia I wish I had. they were never in my area while he was still alive.
Shame I like them way better when Bon was singing.

@TristanNuvo Bon era or nothing for me ❤

@Qualia, @TristanNuvo I did see AC/DC in 1979. World Series of Rock at the old Cleveland Stadium. I was 14 years old, first concert ever. The line up was: AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, Scorpions, Aerosmith, Ted Nugent and Journey. Stadium held 78,000 people. No rules no drug control wild crazy frightening awesome, amazing experience!

@Martie1965 Oh my. Fantastic! ❤

@Martie1965 I did get to see them twice.
And I agree, not a song of theirs I don't love.

@Martie1965 Man I wish I could have been there for that. Must have been a great show.

Pink Floyd, Frankfurt, 1975
Telesma, at the Farieworlds festival, Eugene 2010
Boney James, Berks Jazz Fest, 2007 or so

Saw Pink Floyd every time they came out with a new album!

@Martie1965 It was a great concert. Before the days of digital everything, they used a complex series of slide projectors to create an image of a mechanical armadillo for the song Welcome to the Machine.

@Mitch07102 I remember. Very cool!

Prince.
Depeche Mode.

Livia Level 6 Aug 17, 2018

You saw Prince!!? I regret never seeing him in concert. Not only was he a great singer, song writer he was an amazing guitarist.

@Humanistheathen I am a bit of a devotee to the DM, but I did not see that tour. I think I was in Greece in a village or somewhere at the time. Kudos to you! I am well jealous!

@Martie1965 It’s one thing in life that I feel very privileged to have seen. He and his band, were so amazing I cried with tears of joy the whole way through! Just incredible. And he also was very amusing and made some very cool comments, asides and anecdotes.

The Eagles
Earth Wind and Fire w/Chicago
Bruce Springsteen -1972 $4 admission
Moody Blues

Awesome! I saw The Rolling Stones in Cleveland in 1981 for $5. Great seats! Had to send a money order to the radio station.

Green Day, with one of my daughter's at the Rose Bowl
Shriekback, at a small club in downtown L.A.
The Knitters, at a club in L.A.

Green Day is coming down here to Tampa in few months. I gotta go see them!

@Martie1965, What made it the best, they are my daughter's favorite band, it was a great bonding opportunity ....BTW, they put on a fantastic show

@Martie1965 They do put on a great show. I saw them in San Diego, they pulled audience members up on stage to play instruments and finished a whole song with all the band members replaced, one by one with audience members! What a day it must have been for those folks.

Iron Maiden wsg Ghost
Slayer Farewell Tour
Slipknot

Love all 3! I'm sure you've seen the live video of Korn and Slipknot doing the Beastie Boys "Sabotage" Epic! If not, you gotta see it.

Best concerts I have ever seen are Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper. I have seen all three many times and they always put on a great show.

Stevie Wonder, Simply Red, George Benson and Sting in Australia. 😀

I've seen Sting, and George Benson live too. both great shows.
But what I wouldn't give to see Stevie Wonder.

@TristanNuvo I have been to two of Stevie's concerts in the early 1980's and 2012. The latter was so impressive. He was sick with a cold/flu at the time but he performed for 2 1/2 hrs and he was still amazing.

@TristanNuvo, @Byrdsfan The concert that I saw was his 'retirement' tour in 2012 ish. He was impressive.

@Stevil Now that's funny.

I saw Prince at Manchester Stadium with my grown up daughter, some time in the 80's I wasn't really looking forward to it much only to being there with her, but he was really amazing so energetic and running round all the gantrys and the crowd were amazing too doing mexican waves and cheering etc. My other best was when I was about fifteen in 1962 and Viv Stanshall did the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah band the audience were amazing and everyones sides were aching from being so crowded in and laughing so much you could feel other people s ribs going up and down with all the special effects. My last is the Beatles I saw them at Lewisham Gaumont Cinema Stage and I am surprised I got out alive it was so packed but they were pretty magic for that time My friends mum said we would regret it if we didn tgo so we went and apart from people screaming and fainting it was top quality.

1. Weird Al
  2. The Cure
  3. The B-52's

1.1812 Overture performed at the Hollywood Bowl....with fireworks!
2.Phil Collins at the Forum in LA. Worst seats turned out to be the best seats....we were 4 rows back behind the stage.
3.ELP at the Universal Amphitheater. Back row seats...didn't matter, still a great show.

Same thing happened to me in 1981. Were upper deck front front row behind stage for Rolling Stones kinda bummed we didnt get better seats but then, half way thru the show the whole stage rotated 180 ° and we were from row looking them right in the face!

1. Meat Beat Manifesto, 1990, Showcase, San Antonio.
  2. The Young Gods, Austin Tx, '92
  3. Test Dept, St. Andrews Hall, Detroit '96

and DeadMau5... '17.... couldn't name just 3.

The best shows I’ve seen in the last year are the Misfits, Dead Cross, Slayer, and Obituary. The list may change, though, I’ve got about 8 more shows left in 2018. I am willing to travel to see Dead Cross and the Misfits, so maybe that’s the real answer.

Love Slayer!

1. Pink @ Mid Florida Amphitheater her last tour.
  2. Dashboard Confessional @Jannus Landing a few months ago or really anywhere. They are amazing live.
  3. Darren Hayes @ a Borders in NY almost 10 years ago because he is an amazing person who let me snap a pic with him after everyone was gone.

A lot of great shows at Janus Landing, but it's just too damn hot to be crowded in there in the Summer down here. Great choices!

@Martie1965 Agreed. I'm selective about the shows I see there.

@Alimacbean I went to see Blue October there afew years ago. I was so psyched. They were suppose to come on stage around 8pm. They were there we saw them behind stage 9pm still not on stage, 10pm still no show, 11pm nothin, we left at 12midnight because we spent all our beer, dying of heat exhaustion and never got to see the band. Bummer.

@Martie1965 Wow, that's lame. I like a few of their songs

I've been to what I think are a lot of good concerts. Prince, Billy Idol (several times), Blue Oyster Cult (several times), but for me, the best concerts have been the ones that I connected to emotionally. A few years ago I saw Paul McCartney. Awesome show and quite a trip down memory lane. And The Eagles. Same deal. Their music has followed me my whole life.

One of my very first "8 track tapes " was Eagles Hotel California. Love them. BOC. COOL! But Billy Idol o my I was so in love with him as a teenager. I think I may have fainted at his covert.

Bob Dylan
Tom Petty
Grateful Dead
BB King
Buddy Guy
The first three were together at the Metrodome in Mpls in 1986. Great concert lineup with some sound challenges.
Almost forgot Neil Young in an awesome outdoor venue in central Minnesota. I planted myself right in front of the stage. Incredible evening.

Love Buddy Guy, puts on an amazing show.
Unfortunately I've missed out on Dylan and B.B.

Yep I also saw Neil Young all acoustic in same type of venue. He just sat on stage on a stool. With his harmonica, guitar and/or banjo and sang everyone of his songs. It was 1983. And it was amazing.

• Springsteen at (then) Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ about ten years ago, floor seats at the 50 yard line.
  • Stevie Wonder at Madison Square Garden three years ago, floor seats 2/3 back.
  • India Arie at the Beacon Theatre, NYC, about five years ago, third row.
  1. Kansas, "Point of Know Return" tour, Hampton, VA 1978
  2. The Moody Blues, Desert Sky Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 1992
  3. April Wine (opening for Styx), Detroit, MI, Halloween Night 1979

Devo
lollapalooza 1991
Lollapalooza 1992

I got to see Bob Dylan at Madison Square Garden in the 70's. They had a LOTTERY which you applied by (snail) mail... to be able to buy tickets and my girlfriend and I won! I remember we hitchiked to the concert from New Jersey, not even sure how we did that. I didn't even appreciate the whole experience then as much as I do now.

I had to do a lottery for Pink Floyd tickets in the early 80's too

#1. Deep Purple's first show in so many years, most appropriately at Salad Reunion Arena
#2 Texas World Music Festival,1985 Cotton Bowl
#3LeAnn Rhyme Ball Park at Arlington

Black Sabbath rocked!!
Janes Addiction, awesome
Pink Floyd, a experience!

Oh yeah! Very cool dude. I saw Ozzy but not with Black Sabath, love Jane's Addiction, I've seen Pink Floyd several times over the years. . . what an experience!!!

Steven Wilson- Hand. Cannot. Erase tour.

The B-52's- Cosmic Thing tour.

The Replacements- Pleased To Meet Me tour.

The Guess Who- 1985 reunion tour.

Dragonforce- Reaching To Infinity tour. (Opened for Kamelot and blew them off the stage.)

Marillion- Marbles tour.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:157051
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.