Agnostic.com

22 1

Is there a Magic Catch Phrase for selling the truth? Why do lies sell better?

It only took Jeff Bezos 20 years to 'Take Over' the way we shop and become the richest one. Is there not one as smart to cause awareness to fakery claims to the many?
Where is Our 'take over' gal/guy/institution? Reality should be an easy sell.
Would have been Kool to turn on CBS, ABC etc. of late and see some well versed Atheists giving feedback on the Catholic church's current debacle. And have at least one reporter's head not explode.
We don't pump the truth as much as they pump the poop. Or sit back and 'pray' it happens? lol
Our #me too moment in humanity. Imagine. Someone's going to slam it, hard! One catch phrase away, one unique, inspiring, truth saving, life saving catch phrase. Will it be yours???
Save the planet today! lol

Five word maximum. Of course you can lie.
Vote favorites.

Best Atheist Catch Phrase?

All participants already got a Free supernatural Deluxe Coffee Cup with their phrase on it,(see it?), winner gets two.
Also, would you buy it on Amazon?

IzMark 4 Aug 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Liars tell people what they want to hear.

Falsehood flies, and the Truth comes limping after it. - Jonathan Swift

Catholic Priest Bathroom Ban.

you know it makes sense !

Dang it!! Another snippet I can't remember the origins .... it goes something like this;

"People don't want to hear the truth.
They want to hear what they think coming from your mouth."

I think a lot of us just want to be told something that will make us feel good. The truth is hard, complicated and not always fun and make us feel good.

Yes, religion is a feeling disease, worse and as old as alcoholism/drugs.

#emptythepews is starting to trend with stories of why people left their church, we may be too late but jump on the bandwagon n keep it tending if ya can.

for theists you can use quotes "Truth" as your title includes "Magic" ie.e not real. . .

God revealed this to us

God wants you to know

• in my case (and I will speculate a majority of those on these pages), this raises a BS flag. But for selling lies, those are really great introductions that I have seen work very well.

as for "atheist" catch Phrase" According to tested scientific facts.

I don't like the truth but I have to stick to it as close as I can. Truth is good while it is popular but often it comes to a bad ending. The ultimate example of this is that we all die. What people want is to hear you tell them what they want to hear. This is true in politics, religion, and daily life.

Truth is hard and cold and does not care for your conceit or fear or human weakness. Lies are cozy and warm and love you so much it tells you always what you want to hear.

Quarm Level 6 Aug 25, 2018

So Atheism is doomed? We never drowned out the BS?

@IzMark I think Atheism as a individual choice will endure but the group, the mob they need something to believe in. And Atheism does not fill that need. A important question is what can fill that need in the best least destructive way? Many here say do not turn Atheism into a religion and I get that but I do not see Atheism as a solution on a cultural, societal, or global level. So what can. Not religion or nationalism...Maybe humanism if we all saw one another on a species level as equal?

The Truth might cut swore,
though Pretence can be cosy.

Are you strong enough to face the truth?
Or are you ready to die in the lie?

In the words of Ashley Brilliant in the 1960s "I have given up my search for Truth and now looking for a good fantasy"

Almost like L Ron Hubbard then, He told a friend in college "I'm going to start a new religion"

The Truth is not always pretty, or convenient, many times it calls for action, standing up & being counted, etc etc. Being a sheeple is easy...just stay in that recliner!

We don't own the mediums they own. When they own the apparatus that disperses the information, it's easy to persuade the public. I have seen some F.A.I.R. studies that show a huge media bias towards the establishment.

Wizards first rule - People will believe something if they want it to be true or if they are afraid it is true. (Tip of the hat to Terry Goodkind.) My catch phrase - "Atheists get laid more." 🤓

I wish!

What tastes better, candy or medicine?

Be Atheist - dodge religious predators!

No idea. I look like I'm lieing even when I'm telling the truth. I'm so worried I won't be believed that I get all fidgety, my mind goes fuzzy, so when they ask for details I can't remember. Makes me nervous and more fidgety. Really not fun at work.

god! which one!

Lies don’t always sell better. A good salesman invents talking points. A GREAT salesman makes note of them.

Try it, you'll like it.

godef Level 7 Aug 20, 2018

me ether?
I don't get it. 😉 joking

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:160021
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.