Agnostic.com

59 9

If you could become a musical virtuoso, what instrument would you play?

Imagine you gained the remarkable ability to play an instrument like a virtuoso. What instrument would it you hope to play?

I'm fond of the oriental flutes or a harp. But, I could do a lot if I were amazing at the electric guitar! I think I'll go with the flute though. Yes, maybe, yes ; )

silvereyes 8 Jan 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

59 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Piano

kazoo

jeffy Level 7 Jan 17, 2018

Iā€™m a master at the kazoo. šŸ˜‰

piano. So many great players out there like McCoy Tyner, Dave Brubeck, Bill Evans, Thelonious Monk, Keith Emerson, Keith Godchaux, Keith Tippet, Chick Corea, Sun Ra, etc

Jeff Chimenti?

@BenPike I have not really gotten much into Dead and Co. so I heven't really listened to him. I have read that he was influenced by a lot of ECM recirds stuff which would be a big bonus in my book.

The violin. I have a dream of one day being a world renowned violinist but I've heard that you have to actually learn how to play one first before you can do that. Who knew?

Sethy Level 4 Jan 17, 2018

Start when you're four, then you've got a shot. It's one of the hardest.

So you're sayin' there's a chance.

ALL of them.

Hard choice: . . . Bassoon

Tenor sax!

the only instruments I have ever played were a school recorder (which I still like twiddling on) and on a trip down the Thames to Southampton and back on a jazz boat someone let me have a go at one of those brass instruments that are huge that you stand inside - havent a baldie what its called but I got clapped and hurrahed for getting some notes out of it.

I'm surprised there are no pipe organ lovers. No other instrument gives you the feeling of absolute power that a large pipe organ can. Visit YouTube and search for Bach Passacaglia and Fugue in C minor. Turn it up loud! It is an amazing piece.

This would be nice. But it's had me thinking for the last half hour... so many instruments to choose from. I wouldn't mind going modern, and be a virtuoso on computer/synthesizer where I can alyer and compose - if I could compose. Ha.

There you go, I want to say: layer music and don't even get the word out and it becomes alyer. I guess I will not be that composer anytime soon.

Piano.

Sax but wouldn't say no to piano either

MikeO Level 3 Jan 21, 2018

The Electric Harp.

A Kazoo

I cannot choose between Violin (just booked tickets to see Andre Rieu and I'm slightly excited!), tenor banjo or piano.

Dav87 Level 6 Jan 18, 2018

I have always played the piano, though I've never been a virtuoso. I think I could have been at one point, but I chose to go outside and play instead. The other instrument that I love deeply is the Cello. I've always wanted to learn that, but they cost more than cars.

Banjo or guitar Have a friend in South Carolina makes up funny video. He kind of inspires me that way. I would love to have a skill to put some of the poems, I have written to music.

Trombone!... Or the piano.

A Banjo šŸ™‚ My Grandfather played one. Steve Martin blows me away.. And ā€˜up hereā€™ on the Appalachian Blue Ridge Plateau - Iā€™d fit right in šŸ˜€

Varn Level 8 Jan 18, 2018

Electric Bass.

Gohan Level 7 Jan 18, 2018

Would go with guitar. Of the string instruments that I play, the guitar is the hardest.

Piano.

An Sp404.

@silvereyes they are wildly fascinating to me.

little tutorial video there.

I would stop obsessing over music if I could play an instrument. Yes, yes, we're talking about finding a hobby. At these words, many musicians break into a cold sweat and a nervous tic because they devote themselves to music, constantly rehearsing and performing at concerts. Naturally, it takes the lion's share of time, so it's easy to go somewhere with this kind of advice... I would risk opening a store and helping people with some instrument repair parts. Here [evergreenviolin.com] I found something cool for me, but for now, I play the cello. So it's hard to imagine myself as a businessman who sells strings.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16142
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.