Agnostic.com

41 3

What music could you...?

If you could only listen to 5 artists for the rest of your life, who would you choose? Basically, what music could you listen to over and over again, would accent your moods, and generally not make you crazy after years of listening?

My choices would be:
Mozart
The Beatles
Weird Al
Oingo Boingo
Danny Elfman (movie scores)

BoingoOingo42 7 Aug 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments (26 - 41)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sinatra/Basie collaborations
Eric Clapton
Beatles (collective works of all four Beatles as a band and as individuals)
Waylon Jennings
Mark Knopfler (with and with out Dire Straits)

My choices would be
Beth Hart -
Amy Ray -
Ray LaMontange
Lucinda Williams
Neil Young

incredible string band
van Morrison
love
Kate and Anna Mcgarrigle
Bob Marley

I'm going to play this as a bug-out scenario. I only got room for so many recordings. Gotta move. Clock is ticking. They'll be here any minute.
Black Sabbath
Motorhead
Judas Priest
Metallica
Pink Floyd
Okay. Done. Grab the ARs, leave the cannolis.

Larry Mckenna[local to Philadelphia], Annie Sciola[also Philadelphian], Charlie Parker. Ella Fitzgerald, Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers.

Liking those jazz names.

Black Label Society, Shinedown, Slayer, Alice Cooper, and Halestorm

Stan Kenton, The Four Freshmen, Cole Porter, Stacey Kent, either Mussorgsky or Prokofiev. Incidentally, going to a Beatles tribute concert tomorrow nite, and FYI, the Beatles have said they were influenced by the Four Freshmen's harmonies. There's a Spanish jazz artist (she also plays stand-up bass) named Magali Datzira that sings in English with a pronounced accent but I really like her styling and delivery. She's part of the Joan Chamarro program in Barcelona that turns out some incredibly talented young musicians.

I pretty much do this already. I have a few other artists and bands sprinkled into my playlist every now and again but my main 5 are:

Ozzy Osbourne
Black Sabbath
The 69 Eyes
George Harrison
The Bee Gees

@Liberty They are! I also listen to Nightwish and Tarja Turunen; Finnish band and singer

Ry Cooder
L. Cohen
Roy Harper
The Stones
The Kinks

The Dillinger Escape Plan
Frenzal Rhomb
De La Soul
The Specials
Morbid Angel

Wow, for the rest of my life. This list is non-binding!
Beethoven
Mozart
Beatles
Tom Waits
Too many more to list - musicians can't decide!!!

Bach
Mozart
Smith's
Queen
Sia

Barenaked Ladies
Blink 182
John Williams or Danny Elfman movie scores (if you make me choose, I'm gonna go with John Williams, but don't make me)
Dave Matthews (even though so many of you shit all over Dave in the overrated bands post)
Tchaikovsky

The beatles
The who
Pink floyd
Tool
Cant think of a 5th I like enough songs by

The Allman Brothers Band
The Beatles
The Who
Pink Floyd
Asleep at the Wheel

Rush
Dire Straits
Mumford & Sons
Iron Maiden
Accoustic Alchemy

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:162615
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.