Agnostic.com

65 7

How long should you go without sex before giving up?

#sex
Wyattpa 5 Aug 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

65 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not sure what you mean by giving up, so I'll presume you're talking about any sexual encounter between two people which does not involve a direct exchange of money for sexual services.

I'd say if your not having any luck finding a partner, when you get to the point where the thought of physical contact with another human being involving sex takes up your every waking moment (and many of your dreams), not allowing you to successfully and smoothly navigate all other aspects of your life, then go ahead and procure the services of a pro.

And I wouldn't consider that giving up by any means. It's just taking a non-traditional avenue towards having your needs met. We procure the services of others to have our needs met every single day. None of us can be good at everything in life. Finding sex partners is no different. Some are good at it. Some aren't. For those who aren't, there are people who provide physical intimacy and sexual services as a means of generating income.

Go ahead and give up. Just say the hell with it. When women sense that you aren’t needy they’ll come running up in droves, wanting to drop their drawers. You’ll have an entirely different category of problem.

I wonder if that other well known Lothario Valentino ever said "drop their drawers' It has such a romantic ring about it. I'll try it next time I'm out and get back to you.

The only time I ever found random women seeming to be interested in having sex was when I was married. During periods when I wasn’t married, suddenly they all disappeared.

I think I can relate to this feeling of desperation. However, IMHO sex should never be the objective.

I see a lot of responses here that I think have some wisdom and some ... maybe not.

One person says "Give up" and things will get better. I think that's right. There is an old saying, "The worse you want something, the worse you will get it.". No matter the topic, I've found that to be true.

Some say "Hire a professional.". So long as exploitation by others is not involved, I don't see any reason to say this should not be allowed. But for me personally, I think it would be like tying a treat around my neck to get the dog to play with me, or like paying someone to play with me. I just don't think it is something I would enjoy like I want to, not to mention the degrading subtext I send to my sub-conscience.

So, yep, just give up! Find something else that brings you joy, at least for now.

@KissedbySun I had an established partner (wife) and still had to go through a song and dance routine to have sex. At least now, with no partner, I have no expectations. But I sure wish it wasn’t solitary sex for the past 10+ years.

Well if you aren't getting any you have answered your own question. It's a strange question to ask and it lacks any substance or information from which to form an opinion. Maybe a better question might be "Why am I not getting any sex?"

Oooo, judgy! Meow!

@Livia - and? We ALL judge people everyday. You included. Indeed, you just did with your comment. If someone makes an observation, they should be willing to defend that view with someone else who may see it differently. I thought my comment was fairly innocuous. I could of said "This guy is fishing for fuck buddies" - because that is what I actually think. I genuinely don't care, it's not like I am on his interests list (sex is though) Good luck to him I say. So, there you have it 🙂 An honest opinion kinda forced out of me by your sarcasm.

@Heffster ok, I just found it rude to suggest it’s his fault he doesn’t get much sex, and he was being strange all in one comment. Now I know I was absolutely justified to comment that you were being...well, bitchy, to put a finer point on it. There are many reasons people are not meeting each other romantically or not having much or any sex. I didn’t see it as “fishing”, I saw it as lamenting. Not having sex can make people feel lonely or inadequate, (although it shouldn’t) and I don’t think people need to throw shades about it.

@Livia You don't like my attitude. That's okay, lot's don't 🙂 I'm like Marmite. You either like me or hate me. I don't lose sleep other either. Not so sure about Bitchy though? You will know when I am being bitchy 🙂

@Heffster You are growing on me...that’s how I got into marmite in the first place.

I gave up giving up when i was 13 and had my first O. There's no going back now!

Never give up ever!

Until the day you die!

with or without a partner? and why would someone else's threshold impact your own threshold? only you know the answer to this question.

g

I am no longer a smoker but imagine your hand as a puppet smoking a cigarette afterwards. Put some eyes between that thumb and forefinger and it works out just fine.

Does it really matter? Sex is an important element in somatic and emotional health in the long term. In short term? It can be months or years and still be o.k. if you're o.k. with it.

Mmmm, nothing more attractive to a potential partner than self pity.

If you don’t respect yourself then others are not likely to either.

5 minutes to a lifetime

If you give up, you may never have sex. Is that what you want? I see you're only 54...too young to give up on having sexual encounters. I hope no one ever gives up. Are you dating? If so, and things aren't moving toward sex, some honest self evaluation may be in order.

I wish you the best.

Don’t.

What do mean by "should"? That implies you're coming from standard base. By who's standard?
There is no base. There is no should. There are no rules. It's a completely individual choice.

1 hour

Never give up !

Mets Level 6 Nov 22, 2018

Dude - Its bad for your health to go without for a long time.

I'll not give up.

Never give up

lerlo Level 8 Dec 17, 2018

I gave up over 4 years ago. Its been great. I actually get sick almost just thinking about sex. Lol. Weird right? I've been so disappointed with it for so many years I acquired an almost disgust for it. Friends tel me to just have sex and not have the relationship part that is probably my real problem. That doesn't work either. One have at it and things start to change. FWB doesn't work. Women start having "feeling" then shit goes down hill. Makes me sick just thinking about it. I guess my disappointed with relationships over the years has soured my soul. Lol.

Almost a year and couldn't handle it anymore ! Then I unexpectedly met someone who I got intimate with for a few months. He reminded me of what I had been missing out on ! Found out he has a GF, although he is not happy so I continue to see him. I'm too old to walk away from a good thing. Nothing is perfect. I'm surprisingly okay with this for now. Amazing how you start to think differently as you get older .

I've been without for quite a few years now, even in my last relationship i was very lonely. Im not sure if its a matter of whether there is some sort of time period involved. Depends on if you find someone else, if you're lucky enough go for it!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:165922
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.